The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#198)
Your (Almost) Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Alcoholic Push Pops - Just in time for Father's Day!
2. Make Dublin Grey Again - The secret art collective battling the council to bring color to the streets of Dublin.
3. Straight Cash Homey - I would definitely begin carrying cash again if this Industrial Designer redesigned U.S. currency.
5. A Different Kind of Fast - How absurdly fast do you need to be to run a 2-hour marathon?
6. Humor - "Whole30 might be the diet for you. It begins with stripping all the most craving-inducing, blood-sugar-disrupting foods out of your diet for a full 30 days, giving your body and digestive system a chance to recover and heal itself. Then, once you’re free from cravings and inflammation, you’ll keel over and die from severe malnutrition because you haven’t eaten anything in several weeks! If you stick to this diet and follow the rules, we promise it will change your life forever by ending it prematurely." - Whole30 Changed My Entire Relationship with Food Because I'm Dead Now
7. Buskers In Disguise - Christina Aguilera and Jimmy Fallon Wear Hilarious Disguises While Performing in NYC Subway Terminal:
8. Trailer of the Day - Kidding stars Carrey, Catherine Keener and Judy Greer as a Mister Rogers-like kids' TV icon named Mr. Pickles whose personal life in shambles. The Showtime comedy debuts on Sept. 9 after the season premiere of Shameless:
9. The Country of FKK - "It's a part of German culture, just like techno music and "Spargelzeit," the asparagus season. Even though the practice of Freikörperkultur (FKK), which translates as "free body culture," is dwindling among the younger generations of Germans, you'll still find lots of FKK areas on beaches as well as nude culture enthusiasts in spas — and even parks." Why Germany's nudist culture remains refreshing.
10. Scary-Good Interior Design - "Hereditary is probably one of the most frightening movies I’ve ever seen—emotionally harrowing, viscerally disturbing, and extremely fun...if you find yourself watching this movie through the scrim of your interlaced fingers, trembling from fear, focus on how freaking beautiful their house is!!!"
11. Movies - 'Hereditary' is a terrifying new movie that critics are calling this generation's 'The Exorcist'.
12. Book Obsession of the Week - I can't put down "Magpie Murders" by Anthony Horowitz.
13. Product of the Day - Hasbro claims 50% of Monopoly players cheat. In my house, I know for a fact that number is at least 25%. So, Hasbro came up with the very clever Monopoly: Cheater's Edition.
14. In Memoriam - "I definitely believe the next decade is going to be streaming plus vinyl," says Jack White. "Streaming in the car and kitchen, vinyl in the living room and the den. Those will be the two formats. And I feel really good about that." ` The End of Owning Music: How CDs and Downloads Died
15. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - How about a steaming cup of Broccoli Latte?
16. Newish Song of the Day - "Tilted" by Christine and the Queens. (This is actually from 2015 but it's how I've felt all week long coming off a three week vacation):
17. Father's Day Freebies - Here's where dads can eat "free" this Father's Day.
19. Air Out of the Ball - "...after three decades, the Air Jordan has achieved the ubiquity it once rebelled against, and the shoes are slowly losing their cultural sway...How do we continue to make the brand relevant with today’s consumers?” - The Twilight of Air Jordans
20. Adrift - Trying to understand depression? Maybe this post will help.
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.