The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#197)
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Ad of the Day - Sometimes the moments that never happen, matter the most. Introducing the New Volvo XC60. The Future of Safety:
2. "Mind-Boggling" Science - Stanford research turns human blood cells into functional neurons in three weeks.
3. Cutting Edge Fear - Computers that can perfectly mimic the human voice? Hyper sensitive surveillance cameras? Advances like these are already a reality, and need to be regulated now. These are the technologies that should scare us.
4. "I Am Groot." - A Canadian man set a Guinness World Record for Most Marvel Comic Tattoos.
5. International Corner - Iceland is a remote island about the size of Kentucky. It has a population similar to St. Louis, Missouri. It is a gun loving country. But Iceland has not had a shooting murder since 2007.
6. "Allez McEnroe!" - Cheering John McEnroe in Paris Never Gets Old
7. Feel - A high school baseball player in Minnesota is gaining a lot of attention. Once he struck out a friend on the opposing team to win a game, he decided his friendship was more important than a celebration:
8. New Song of the Day - "Seventeen" by Welles
9. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - These are the world's most expensive coffees.
10. Pucker Up! - Sonic kept its world and is now serving a sweet and sour pickle-flavored slush.
11. The TV Tourist - Meet the woman who likes to vacation where her favorite tv shows are set.
12. Hitting On All Cylinders - Meet 8-Year-Old Drummer Yoyoka who's giving a whole new meaning to "Hit Like A Girl". So great:
13. Vacation Travel Log 2018, Stop #1 - San Francisco Travel Tips To Self for Next Time -
- Stay in much quieter and slower paced Sausalito NOT San Francisco.
- Bring more warm clothes. Residential Homes in S.F. do not have air conditioning. Because they do not freaking need it.
- Avoid touristy Piers and stay away from seagulls. They attack and will work in pairs to steal corn dogs.
- Buy the Muni Mobile Pass again to ride all city transportation easily including trollies. DO NOT NEED CAR in San Francisco.
- Big City Scavenger Hunt was cheap fun and a great way to see many landmarks.
- Stay in Italian North Beach Neighborhood and eat at Mama's for breakfast every morning.
- Start training one year out for bike ride across Golden Gate Bridge.
- Have a real conversation with kids before coming here again about San Francisco's homelessness problems.
14. On The Road To The World Pastry Cup 2019 - Belgium wins silver medal at European Pastry Cup.
15. Hostile Architecture - Think your city doesn’t like you? You’re right. The Subtle Design Features That Make Cities Feel More Hostile
16. Game of the Day - My kids absolutely loved Cuphead when it came out last year...and now there's a sequel of sorts in the works:
17. Shhhhhhh... - Librarian Shaming is a place for librarians to get things off their chest anonymously, and enjoy some commiseration from their peers.
18. Sweet Extension - Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown Will Remain on Netflix for “Months to Come”.
19. Dying Wish-ful Thinking - 7 Futuristic Things To Do With Your Body When You Die
20. The Last Drop - Artist of the Day is Seoul-based artist Lee K.:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.