The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#187)
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
2. Alcohol - Budweiser and Jim Beam have teamed up for a new beer called Reserve Copper Lager
3. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Literally, a step-by-step guide on how to enjoy drinking a cup of coffee.
4. Challenge Accepted - 5 Houseplants You Can't Kill
5. Feel - As a 10-year-old battling cancer, Devin Smeltzer met his favorite Major League Baseball player, now they are playing for the same team.
6. Water Work of Art - AMA is a short film performed and directed by deep sea diver and underwater filmmaker Julie Gautier. The piece is titled after the Japanese word for “woman of the sea". The film is a metaphoric nod to these united women, while also representing the relationship that connects women from all over the world.
7. Bad Science & Sexuality - G-Spot Surgery Isn’t the Way to Get Better Orgasms
8. Graffiti Bridge - Colossal Media is cashing in on hand-crafted street art:
9. Education in the Woods - "..the United States is witnessing a budding movement to reintegrate childhood with the natural world. Nature preschools, outdoor pre-K, forest kindergartens—call them what you like: Early-education programs like these are starting in communities all over the country." The Perks of a Play-in-the-Mud Educational Philosophy
10. Honked Off (NSFW) - A man braves New York City streets and asks drivers, "Why are you honking?" (And lives to tell the tale.)
11. Product of the Day - There aren't any BOGO sales on knee replacements so buy a Garden Kneeler for the gardener in your life you love.
12. TV - Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon Will Cover the Royal Wedding Live as Cord and Tish on HBO
13. New Song of the Day - "Come Back When You Can't Stay" by Parker Millsap
Play along with the Ventipop Best New Songs of 2018
15. Culture - This one makes me a bit nostalgic and sad: The old saying that every Texas town has a Dairy Queen is no longer true for many communities. A Farewell to Dairy Queens
16. Podcast of the Day - The Futility Closet tells the tale of four 1932 gangsters who decided to kill a friend to get his life insurance money...it did not go well:
17. What's In This? - A breakdown, ingredient-by-ingredient, of Mountain Dew.
18. Humor - Leave it to McSweeney's to have the perfect take on the online privacy debates: Oregon Trail Is Changing So That We Share Less of Your Private Dysentery Information
19. Travel Companion - Airstream gets modern with its new Nest Travel Trailer.
20. The Last Drop - Steve Hartman on first impressions:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.