Mental Yoga Weekend :: Long Reads of the Week (#42)
Mental Yoga Weekend is a collection of my favorite long reads I collect while scouring the internet for The 20. I save them up for the weekend so readers have a chance to sit back and take them in at leisure. Enjoy.
Favorite Long Reads of the Week
- Become the Creative You’ve Always Wanted to be by Embracing These Seven Habits - Quartz
- Tales from the far-flung Faroes - BBC
- Own Goal: The Inside Story of How the USMNT Missed the 2018 World Cup - The Ringer
- The New Hooligans of Russia - ESPN
- It Costs $2.50 to Make Lipstick — Here’s Why You’re Charged So Much More - Racked
- Bye, Chrome: Why I’m switching to Firefox and you should too - Fast Company
- Unfortunately, the Electric Scooters Are Fantastic - The Atlantic
- What's Going On In Your Child's Brain When You Read Them A Story? - NPR
I rarely feature anything twice on Ventipop, but I'm going to mention Anthony Horowitz's brilliant novel Magpie Murders for the second day in a row. British whodunnits are not my usual cup of tea, but this one pokes fun at the genre with a wit, wink and a nod all while keeping you guessing at who murdered the characters within the vintage story...and the author himself in present day. Think of it as a mystery fan's idea of a perfect summer thriller.
If you enjoy Ventipop, please consider supporting me by clicking the button below: