Instead of the usual opening salvo, I'm going to let the little boy in the video below illustrate how happy art, design and music makes us feel. This is the best thing I've seen this week. Have a great weekend everybody.
Allison Torneros, aka 'Hueman', creates colorful mash-ups of humans and the abstract two-dimensional surfaces...but again trying to describe art is kind of like describing music. Or in the words of Mary Schmich, "..like trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum." Enjoy Allison Torneros' work here.
- Here are 18 amazing new alarm clock designs that'll have you waking up in creative ways.
- Don't need a new alarm clock? How 'bout some cool new wall clock designs?
- This article suggest you burn your office chair and try one of these 9 radical alternatives.
- Have dinner at a restaurant in the middle of a waterfall.
- Want a perfect piece of toast? Try this toaster you add water to.
This one is dedicated to my older brother. I've seen him sit and do this for hours, but I would never have the patience:
Moleskine, as in the Moleskine notebook, opened the Moleskine Cafe in Milan. And it is as expected, a work of art in its own right:
- R.I.P. VCRs. The last VCRs ever are being produced this month.
- This one will blow your mind. There are businesses up and running right now in this country that will deliver gasoline to your car. You do not even have to be present. Place an order for gas with an app, leave your car empty and then come back to it with a full tank. No joke.
- Here are some of this years most beautiful photography taken by drones.
- I want a Haberdashery Cabinet:
Artist Kevin Peterson creates scenes with oil paints that look more like pictures of kids walking through a surreal and un-fairytale-like landscape:
How comfortable would you feel driving through a tunnel underwater? Norwegian Engineers are considering a plan which includes a floating tunnel in a Fjord.
15 of the most imaginative Chocolate Packaging Designs in the World. I would go to town on these "Chocolate Paints".
Imagination can make even a kitchen sponge holder unique.
Did you ever stop and wonder how much work goes into the making of a carousel?
Some of my best dreams have included walking through a tunnel of books.
Polish illustrator Pawel Kuczynski who is famous for his satirical illustrations strikes again. This time it’s about Pokémon GO. He titled this one "Control". I second that emotion.
The making of vinyl records is an art form. I love this video detailing the allure, the production process and the resurgence of vinyl records. Gotta Groove Records will play us out of Today's Daily Grind.