Back to the Daily Grind. Literally. Ventipop hopes you and yours had a happy, happy, joy, joy-ful holiday. In this first true Grind of 2017, we talk about all the things that are about to make us feel really old in 2017, exercise down the Seine, drink a beer in the shower, make some old school Parmesan Ice Cream, learn to listen to our food, watch a guy make an incredible pencil vase and laugh at a bear having a hard time standing on ice. Enjoy.
- Wayne's World, The Mall of America, The Dream Team, The JPEG...these are a few items on The List of Things That Turn 25 in 2017.
- Feel old yet? No? Here's some things that turn 20 years old this year: Harry Potter, South Park, Good Will Hunting, the death of Princess Diana, Dolly the Cloned Sheep, As Good As It Gets, The Rainmaker, Steve Jobs returns to run Apple Computer, Spice World, Titanic, Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear, My Best Friend's Wedding, The Fifth Element, The Simpsons becomes the longest-running prime-time animated show, Internet Explorer version 4.0 is released, a gallon of gas cost $1.22 per gallon, Men In Black, Google.com and Hanson's Mmmbop.
- Nope, 2016 was NOT the worst year ever for celebrity deaths.
- 2016 was a rough year for everyone, but this headline might be the most depressing thing I've ever read.
- If you want to get to the other side of the Seine River, you better not half-ass your workout at this floating gym that's powered by human energy.
- You might be an alcoholic if you need Shower Beer, "a petite pink-labeled ale", to drink before your big night out on the town.
- If you want to be a better cook maybe you should get your hearing checked.
- What's the weirdest things ever stolen from bars?
- Ice Cream showed up in some English cookbooks as early as 1718. They didn't have freezers in the 18th century, which begs the question, how was ice cream made back then? Here's a throwback recipe for 18th century Parmesan Ice Cream:
- I already know what I want for Christmas next year: A vase made entirely of pencils:
...The Last Drop