As Eddie Murphy used to say as Buckwheat on SNL, "Been a wong tye since dem day." First time in a long time, I have a full-fledged unfocused edition of the Grind covering an array of topics including how to sound smarter, how to detect if you're married to an idiot, Saloon door security, some travel hacks, a few mind blowing videos and more. So, turn on some Ani DiFranco, slip on your Allbirds Wool Loungers and have a bat salad. (This will all make sense soon.)
- You might be in a relationship with an idiot IF....
- It's official. According to the "Ages You Peak At Everything" Chart...I may not make a Nobel Prize Winning Discovery in my lifetime. Shit.
- The Top 10 Books Americans tried to ban last year. Makes me want to read them even more.
- Allbirds Wool Loungers are Silicon Valley's favorite shoe having garnered over $10 million in funding from some top investors.
- I've been asking this question quietly to myself since I was a kid, "How did Saloon owners lock up in the old west?" Those old-timey swinging doors made for a cool entrance...but seemed pretty shoddy for security.
- How to sound smarter without actually being smarter:
- Here's a string of words arranged in an order I never thought I'd write: Thai ghosts enjoy Strawberry Fanta.
- New trains in New Zealand may be too quiet.
- My travel tips to friends usually involves me suggesting a sleeping pill regimen, but here are some legit lesser known travel hacks.
- You can and really should pre-order Ani DiFranco's upcoming album 'Binary' as of today.
- How does Trader Joe's offer some bottles of wine cheaper than bottles of water?
- A Brooklyn ice cream brand increased sales by 50% just by redesigning it's packaging.
- Alejandro Benzaquen and Kevin Lustgarten (the duo is also known as 2venezolanos) are bending reality, but instead of pulling a bunny out of a hat, they use post production to surprise us. From grinding fruits into cereal with their bare hands to turning a pizza box into dominoes – these guys are true magicians.
- AMC Theaters are going to revamp about 400 movie theaters so patrons can watch movies the same way they do in their own living rooms.
- We've been lied to...turns out these 11 foods aren't bad for you after all.
- Doesn't this sound like a healthy option? "Organic Marketside Spring Mix Salad"...and for a limited time it comes with the corpse of a bat.
- And speaking of dead flying things, birds keep crashing into the new Minnesota Vikings stadium.
...The Last Drop
Grind #114 :: Banned Books, Bat Salads, Ventriloquists & Dummies ~ Fin.