It's inspiring to see a new design or invention; to envision something old in a completely reshaped way. It must be empowering as a designer or inventor to create something or recreate something, and have the talent and ability to get your vision from thought...to paper...to a bonafide thing you can touch. In today's Daily Grind, we feature some new designs and inventions which celebrate brave, ingenious and bold thought which inspire others to do the same.
- This compact all-in-one printer makes me want to craft something. It's one of many buzzed about designs written about here:
- A drip-free coffee mug, a see-through toaster, a solar powered USB charger; Most of the items on this list of 14 awesome inventions to get you through everyday life are truly ingenious and I want most of them.
- How about some new-fangled kitchen gadgets that will change the way you eat?
- This list of wifi capable devices and appliances let you control nearly everything in your home...even when you're not at home.
- And later this year, even things like pregnancy tests, umbrellas and dog feeders will get modern upgrades.
- You know you want some Magnetic Shoe Laces.
- There was a time not so long ago, when most cars had a clutch and a manual transmission. However, nowadays it's all about efficiency and ease of use. This invention may make manual transmissions totally obsolete.
- Where do "Zombie Ideas" come from? What are they? And why won't they go away? Here's a very interesting long read on Idea Theory which questions why bad ideas refuse to die and whether or not the process of scientific documentation is fundamentally broken.
- You're going to feel like such a slacker after you watch the kid you made a clock out of 400 pieces of hand-carved wood:
- A lot of the new inventions and designs above are purely for material purpose, but the most powerful new designs are the ones that have the potential to directly affect how a person "sees" the world:
Hopefully, you're now inspired. Now, in the infamous words of Tenacious D, "You create something!" (Edited Version)