Daily Grind :: Reagan's Brat, Music Heavy and Free Movies
"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!"
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Good to be back. Let's ease our way back into the work week with a slow grooving new song by The 1975:
We're going to go a bit music heavy today making up for lost time; last week that was a bit music light.
- The 4th of July is a thing in the Philippines too.
- Could you pass the U.S. Citizenship test? Surprisingly, I did.
- Isn't it comforting to know even Abraham Lincoln had normal family problems? Here's a letter to his "idler, lazy" step-brother.
- Speaking of Presidents. Did you know Ronald Reagan drove a Subaru Brat?
- Here's an interesting long read telling the true story behind the bridge of spies. How a Czech "super-spy" infiltrated the CIA for over 20 years.
- File under "just in case". The best way to survive a grenade blast per science:
- Which was the most complained about film of 2015?
- Here are the top ten places to download or stream movies legally for free.
- I love Stephen King's The Dark Tower opus, however I'm not sure I'm that excited about the first photos of Matthew McConaughey dressed as big baddie Randall Flagg.
- After 2019, no more sequels for Pixar.
- I'm up for some clever typographic movie titles:
We're going to close out the Grind today with another new song. This one is a strange, ear worm of a song from the band The Hour titled "No One's Going to Heaven". Cheers.