Daily Grind :: Electric Chocolate, Converse Guitar Shoes & Baby Makers
Brexit. Immigration. Mass shootings. The orange menace. Email scandals. Refugees. Sit-ins. The Bachelorette. It just never ends.
Like the old Cheers theme song used to say, "Wouldn't you like to get away?..." That's what Ventipop is all about. A little adult hidey-place in the far corner of the internet where you'll never see us posting stories about any of that stuff. It's not like we think you should dig a hole and stick your head into it. But there should be a place to escape and take a breath from all of it too.
We leave the hard news to everyone else. Here, we want you to laugh, to think and to find out about new movies, new music, new architecture, new science, new...whatever...without having to spend hours searching through all the above to find what's interesting. If you feel like we're drowning in our own spin cycle, you've come to the right place.
Please, share what we do with someone you like. Just click your media preference in the floating sidebar on the left of the screen to share Ventipop.
You can also share a story or a product you love with us. Fill out our Reader Submission Form on the right side of the page and become one of our Stir Stick reader contributors.
Or join our mailing list. We'll only email you once a day to let you know what's new on Ventipop. Thanks so much for helping us get the word out.
Now, on to today's Daily Grind:
Converse is launching a shoe with a built-in guitar pedal. Jam out with the Chet Atkin's All-Wah by Converse:
- Ventipop is all about promoting the stuff we like. But why do we like what we like?
- I already know I won't like this: Anyone craving some Cheetos stuffed with Mac and Cheese? Anyone? Anyone? Burger King restaurants in Southern California are now unleashing this gourmet combination.
- Healthier BUT tastier chocolate? Yes, please.
- NOT a Mensa member story of the day: A customer set an entire fireworks display on fire inside a Walmart.
- Want to become a Mensa member? Here are 10 Podcasts to make you feel smarter.
- Maybe if you were a Mensa member, you could build this: