I DVR'd the Golden Globes...so Shhhhh. I'm tip-toeing about my morning, navigating pop-culture websites like a drunken soldier across a minefield avoiding spoilers. Needless to say, there will be no commentary on any movies or tv shows in this edition of the Grind. You know more than me anyway. Today, we get back into books and inventions and and why we all hate slow pokes. You know, slow pokes...people who write a pop culture blog and then don't watch one of the most important pop culture events of the year until the next day on DVR.
- As much as I love music, I agree the best music for productivity is silence.
- Here are the books that had some of our favorite writers falling out of bed laughing.
- Hey Einstein! Get your "Read-On" a lot more in 2017 with these helpful tips.
- Why does your brain hate slow pokes? (Personally, "hate" is not strong enough.)
- Publisher's Weekly asked writers what were their favorite books of 2016.
- It usually ticks off the cashiers, but I like to cuddle up next to their feet behind the register at Barnes & Noble. Where are your favorite nooks and crannies to read? Here's a list of "The 50 Best Reading Nooks" by Galeazzo Design:
- China's Lucky Knot bridge has no beginning and no end. (My therapist would say it's definitely a metaphor for something.)
- File under "Makes Too Much Sense": France has opened the first solar panel road.
- Honda made a motorcycle that can balance all by itself and follow you around like a puppy dog.
- From the "Why?" & "What Hell Is Wrong With Us?" Department: Jewelry designed to look like extra body parts:
- I doubt this portable gym is what Kansas had in mind when they sang, "Carry on my wayward son...".
- Sadly, I think I might be a "Non-Responder". Apparently, that's the term for a person who works out a lot but doesn't see results. (Or it could be that case of Twinkies in my closet.)
- For cycling enthusiasts who really, really lover their bikes: The Skunk Bike Lock sprays would-be thieves with vomit-inducing gas.
- Bleachy-nicely-coiffed-showoffs: Labfresh just started a Kickstarter for their self-cleaning, stain-and-smell-resistant dress shirt:
...The Last Drop
Grind #95 :: Silence, Books & Death To Slow Pokes ~ fini.