Holiday Stress Levels - Progressing To December 25th
- "Come on down to Stumpy's Hatchet House and relieve that holiday stress!" This isn't a commercial on public access tv at 3 AM; this is a real life place in New Jersey you can go and throw hatchets. And apparently, hatchet throwing is surprisingly relaxing and gaining in popularity.
- This isn't the plot of a new sci-fi movie: Are Caesarians speeding up evolution and making us have bigger babies?
- It's never too early to pick out your funeral playlist. The new app craze right now is end of life planning.
- Slurping down a lot of energy drinks can cause hepatitis.
- Are you a "Toxic Handler"? (a.k.a. The person everyone else bitches to a work)
- A new study shows teens eat healthier when they have an authority figure to rebel against.
Russia's space program is blowing up...literally. Here's an excerpt from the Wired.com article:
"You can hardly blame the young, would-be spacecraft engineers. According to Pavel Luzin, an international relations lecturer at Russia’s Perm University, the starting salary for someone doing quality checks on the production of the Progress cargo spacecraft starts at $200 per month. Engineers don’t do much better: about $270 per month. “How can good spacecrafts be produced within such a system?” Luzin says."
Chyort! Russia, we have a problem! Watch an S-300 Surface-To-Air-Missile fail to launch:
- If you get bored wrapping presents this holiday season, try experimenting with the Fold and Cut Theorem.
- Holiday Treats for Grownups: Coffee Cardamon Cookies, Biscochito, Miso Macadamia Blondies.
- The Most Popular Food Hacks of 2016 are awesome. Like you don't need to boil your pasta only the water, how to clean an iron skillet properly, how to make a better homemade smoothie and which fast food place gives you the most fries. My stomach is rumbling.
- In Iceland, you don't need an oven to bake bread - just head out to the hot spring with a shovel:
- PopQuiz Hotshot! : Can you pass the black and white candy quiz? (I got 7 out of 10)
- Apple wants movies to be available on iTunes as early as two weeks after their theatrical release.
- Uh oh. Toddlers may be able to tell when adults are lying.
- PopSugar recommends the Top 10 Free Reading Apps.
...The Last Drop
See more videos like this one on the Ventipop Feel Page