Not as depressing as Monday. Not as exciting as Friday. But definitely beats the hell out of a Tuesday any day. Welcome to Wednesday, folks. On this day in 1967, one of my mom's favorite movies, Cool Hand Luke, starring Paul Newman as a tough, anti-authoritarian, poker-playing prisoner, debuted in theaters. Newman received a Best Actor Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the jail-breaking Luke Jackson, but sadly today, my kids only know him as the guy on the bottles of salad dressing. Here are 9 good things to make hump day even better.
9 Good Things Today
- More Than A Hero - Since Hurricane Maria, celebrity chef José Andrés has fed more people in Puerto Rico than any single agency.
- Future Brewers of America - How craft beer is saving the independent farmer.
- Creamy Not Chunky - Peanut Butter is the secret to smoother legs.
- PhD Tee - Economics Professor Wears Funny T-Shirt That Baffles His PhD Students.
- Artist Spotlight - Drew Merritt
- Killer TV Show - NPR agrees with me, Mindhunter is one of the best shows on tv.
- November TV - Premiere calendar for every show
- Product O' The Day - Lamicall iPhone Stand