Breakfast, brain games, superheroes & foodage
If you like what you're reading everyday, please take a second and help me get the word out about Ventipop by either sharing a link via Twitter, Email or Facebook or by signing up for our mailing list. Thanks!
Today's Daily Grind features all the best parts of a lazy, hot August day. Start with some breakfast, wake up your brain with some "Brain Training", read a good book, watch some tv or a movie, multitask a workout and a video game then food, food, food. That's a full, hard day.
Breakfast, Brain Training, Books
- "10 Breakfasts Enjoyed by History's Most Productive People" via Mental Floss.
- While you're having breakfast, do some "Brain Training" with these two fantastic apps: Lumosity and Elevate.
- Then put your phone down and actually speak to a human being because cell phones are killing the art of conversation.
- Breakfast check. Brain Training Check. Convo Check. Order one of the best book releases of August. Check.
- Based on the books you like, find 60 other things you'll probably like as well. It's like that Kevin Bacon thing except for...you know...with books.
- If you read books, you live longer.
- Famous writers detail there love of superheroes in a new book edited by Liesa Mignogna. Last Night, A Superhero Saved My Life dives deep into how heroes shaped the authors lives and helped them through their childhoods and hard times. Featured writers include Neil Gaiman, Jodi Picoult, Joe R. Lansdale, Karina Vaughn, Brad Meltzer & more.
- With the announcement HBO's little show about dragons will end in the next two years, the famed network has some huge shoes to fill. Will the weird, sci-fi/western Westworld become HBO's next big needed hit?
- My favorite show right now is HBO's The Night Of. It treats viewers like adults. The performances are pitch perfect, the writing concise and electric and the methodic, procedural pacing of the story has the audience feeling the same apprehension as the young man charged with murder as he is plunged into the depths of a deeply flawed American justice system. The Night Of airs Sunday nights on HBO.
- Sundance TV's Rectify is the best show on tv you're not watching. It comes back for its final season October 26th.
- Here's a comprehensive list of the best movies and tv shows premiering in August across all platforms.
- Cable subscribers pay 61 Cents per Hour while Netflix subscribers pay 20 Cents Per Hour.
- Prince's family announced an official tribute concert in the late singer's honor in October.
- Comic book fans want to shut down Rotten Tomatoes.
- There will be a second Secret Life of Pets Movie.
Workout? Nope. Food.
- Get a workout with the SymGym - a video game controller that also happens to give a full-body workout.
- Don't want to workout? Go the other direction. Could your digestive system handle free Chipotle burritos for a year?
- Pop Quiz Hotshot! What were restaurants like 100 years ago?
- Restaurants were very different back then. Here's this years list of the 9 Most Calorie-Filled Meals at chain restaurants.
- I guess it really does skip a generation. Researchers are now saying You Are What Your Grandfather Ate.
- 10 tricks to make your summer a little easier closes us out today on the Grind. Hope you enjoyed this blend. Have a great Humpday.