Around The World In A Day / Issue #139
The world is still a pretty ok place. Here are some stories from around the world to prove it:
- Can you really have a book club for eight million people? New York thinks so.
- A historic Nazi Book Burning site is now home to a full-sized Parthenon made of 100,000 banned books.
- Barrio bar where you can order a drink and a shot of SPF20 Sunscreen.
- Would you buy a French perfume that smells like "the feeling of losing your first tooth"?
- Turns out, all that worrying about some nutjob opening the cabin door and getting sucked out during a flight was for nought.
- KLM Dutch Airways takes care of its passengers in flight and once they land with their KLM Care Tag:
- A new Pew Survey says Millennials use libraries more than any other generation.
- If you love books, you should definitely travel to New Zealand, France, England, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and...Hartford, Connecticut?
- You can go visit Judy Blume in her bookstore.
- In Australia, Deb Williams saves baby kangaroos trapped in their mother's pouches.
- Sweden's Museum of Failures includes a plastic bicycle and dvds that would self destruct 48 hours after opening.
- In the Bering Sea, a battle between fisherman and whales is ongoing, and so far, the whales are winning.
- This is how sperm whales sleep.
- The new trend for cool world leaders: Wear Snazzy Socks.
- A thief stole the main drink ingredient from a bar in Canada and now they can't serve their famous "Sourtoe Cocktail".
- The evolution of the playground is taking place in Denmark:
The Last Drop / The Dog Photographer of the Year Award Winners from the U.K. Kennel Club
See the full list of winning photos here.