Daily Grind :: Auden, Ani, Cafe Society & a Stir Stick Contribution
You tell a friend then they tell a friend. That's how this internet thang works. We're getting there. Everyday reaching out to a few more folks. So, thanks to you everytime you get another set of eyes on Ventipop. It's much appreciated and feels good to know I'm not writing completely in the dark anymore. Maybe in the dim. But no longer in the dark. Sign up for our mailing list here or email us a reader contribution and be added to our Stir Sticks all-stars. Today, we've got some news, some science, some movie stuff, some sports, all you ever wanted to know about bruises, our first Stir Stick contribution and a song. Like Kramer said, "Tuesdays have no feel". Cheers!
- If you're going to rob a McDonalds in France, maybe wait for the 11 members of an elite unit of the French Armed Forces who specialize in hostage situations to leave.
- Why do some people bruise more frequently and easier than others?
- Amazon has partnered with the NFL for a new Hard Knocks-style series which chronicles the Arizona Cardinals 2015 campaign all the way to the NFC Championship Game. All or Nothing premieres July 1 with all episodes available that day.
- Harmony.com has probably never made a more perfect match than Woody Allen directing Jesse Eisenberg in the 1930's Hollywood set Cafe Society:
- Major League Baseball is looking to tech to solve its epidemic of elbow injuries.
- Stir Stick Reader Contribution (Thanks Seth M. from California): What has a prehensile tail, ankles that can rotate 180 degrees and emits the odor of popcorn to attract mates? Clue...It's NOT Russell Crowe.
- Follow-up to Seth's question above:
pre·hen·sile - prēˈhensəl,-ˌsīl/
adjective - (chiefly of an animal's limb or tail) capable of grasping. (You're welcome)
- French train cars filled with Impressionist artwork? Yes, please.
- 8 things every person should do before 8 a.m. Depending on the clock, you've already taken care of number 6.
- Have a happy Tuesday. It's an older one, but we love Ani Difranco and this seems like a Tuesday song. You didn't think I forgot a song did you?