Stranger Things on TV and in the World
Ahhh...the beauty of being a kid on a bike unaccounted for and unsupervised for hours on end. If you grew up in the 80's, you have to check out Stranger Things on Netflix. The show is a scary good, fun watch. It feels like Steven Spielberg and Stephen King got together and made a Netflix baby. There are only eight episodes, so you won't have to reintroduce yourself to family members if you binge the entire series. Or you could watch with the whole family because it's not so scary it's overwhelming for the kiddies. After watching, Stranger Things jumped to #3 on the Best TV of 2016 on our Lists page. Here are some other strange things going on in the world.
- There was some vintage audio equipment used in Stranger Things, but this New Zealander has the ultimate collection of 400 Vintage Boom Boxes which you can buy right now.
- About Time is my all-time favorite Feel Good Movie. It lingers in your mind and serves as a constant reminder to live each day, each moment to its fullest. Here's a list of Feel Good movies some of which I'd never heard of. Email me your best feel good movies?
- If you're out to sea in international waters and you have a baby, what nationality is your baby? Which nation that has fewer people than Minneapolis holds the registration of one quarter of the world's ships? Maritime Law is flat out strange when you think the Earth is 70% water.
- Speaking of water, what the hell is this mysterious purple orb found by the Ocean Underwater Trust? I think it might be part of the Upside Down World.
- "In a future where a medical problem can activate its own solution, our diseases may all but order their drugs for delivery." Read about a gel that's revolutionizing pain treatment.
- Black Mirror season 3 will premiere on Netflix this Fall.
- Netflix will also make more episodes of Making a Murderer.
- Baz Luhrman's The Get Down will be Netflix's most expensive series to date.
- Hangovers, Keys, Human Drivers...Chocolate?!!@#!?. Strange to think about, but these staples of everyday life will soon be obsolete.
- Vitamin Donuts, Radium Water...Lysol Contraceptives?!!@#!? Seven "Health" Products from the past that should have never been.
- At least Moonshine in a stainless steel can is still a thing and available for purchase here.
- Moonshine wasn't illegal until Prohibition. So for approximately 200 years, producing moonshine was fine and dandy, but things took a turn after the Civil War when taxation on the selling of moonshine started to be enforced. Read more about The Shockingly Violent History of American Moonshine from Cool Material.
Sticking with the Moonshine theme...I'm closing out the Grind today with a new track from Brandy Clark titled "Drinkin' Smokin' Cheatin":