Venti Shots / 20 Things Today / Issue No. 122
Venti Shots / 20 Good Things Today / Issue No. 122
What's a Hero? / Got Rhythm? / Slack Filling / The Dating Game & Mansplaining
- Ever since I was a small black boy in Alabama, people would always stare in wonder at my rhythmic abilities. Do you Got Rhythm?
- Heroes come in all shapes and sizes; like this Missouri man who filed a Federal Class Action Lawsuit against Hershey for 'Slack Filling'. What's slack filling? That pissed off feeling you get when you open your box of Reese's or Whoppers and see it's only filled halfway!
- I don't consider this guy a hero, but I do applaud anyone who fights against rude people in public.
- 'Serious Artist and Amazing Guy' - That's how Obasi Shaw's thesis advisor described the recent Harvard graduate who submitted a 10-track Rap Album as his final thesis.
- Remember last week when we thought this was the worst thing in fashion? Ahhh...the good old days. Say hello to Detachable Cut-Out Jeans.
- What's the worst dating advice you've ever been given?
- Here are a few of my favorites from this terrific list of 88 Important Truths I've Learned About Life:
You can't change other people, and it's rude to try.
The cheapest and most expensive models are usually a bad idea.
To write a person off as worthless is an act of great violence.
Most of what children learn from their parents is not taught on purpose.
If everyone in the TV show you are watching is good-looking, it's not worth watching.
Don't you deserve 20 Good Things Every Day? Sign up now & Receive Venti Shots Daily.
- 7 Key Trends in Media Consumption offer fresh insights into the different viewing habits of global audiences.
- In an age of peak TV and creative indulgence, why are TV Networks suddenly playing it safe with reboots of shows like Roseanne and Will & Grace?
- Saturday Night Live has lost three cast members in the past week.
- After mocking tennis, Andy Samberg now takes on tennis with his new Mockumentary Tour De Pharmacy:
- Infertile couples may be able to have kids thanks to a 100-year-old technique involving poppy oil.
- Women share their worst cases of Mansplaining they've ever experienced.
- Tesla Tiles are solar shingles that look like regular shingles and could be the big energy product of the future.
- History's Biggest Liars. Just sayin'.
- Don't know if this guy is a hero, but you could at least say he has heroic qualities:
THE 20 SPOT / SONG OF THE DAY / EMMY THE GREAT/ @emmy_the_great / "RAPIDS"