Venti Shots / 20 Good Things Today / Issue No. 124
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY AND FOOD AND ART AND OH, MY GOODNESS THE 20 SPOT GETS REALLY AWKWARD
- Amazon is causing a banana shortage in Seattle.
- "For A Sister, Strawberry Season In Paris Brings Bittersweet Memories".
- Food Art by Japanese artist Gaku.
- Obligatory coffee link of the day: If you're sleep deprived and in pain maybe lay off the morphine and brew a pot of coffee instead.
- Hey, Cake Pops! Go screw! Behold the Waffle Pop.
- "The pure snobbery of it all." - There's a restaurant above the New York Stock Exchange. But you can't eat there.
Film Meets Arts I
- Bookmark this page for your vacation this summer: "100 Best Burgers in America".
- Five Guys recently ousted In-N-Out as America's Most Beloved burger joint. Here's how Five Guys did it.
- European grocer Lidl is officially coming to the United States. Here are 11 Reasons Why You'll Want To Shop There.
- Classic works of art redone for geeks:
Wordless Wednesday / City of the Sun / @cityofthesun / "Perfect Instance"
Film Meets Art II
Morbid Fact of the Day: Swans don't normally make musical sounds at all, however there is evidence some swans make unusual musical notes when they are near death. Thus, they make the most beautiful noise before they die, and that's why a performer's last work is called his or her "swan song". (I'll never think of that the same way ever again.)
Film Meets Art III
- Cracker Barrel Campfire Meals are back and this time...with dessert.
- Chef and travel auteur Anthony Bourdain tells us the best way to scramble eggs.
- Miniature Food Art is a big deal.
The 20 Spot / The Very Definition of Awkwardness Caught on Video