Venti Shots / 20 Things Today / Issue No. 120
"Add Worcestershire Sauce to my shopping list." "When was Benedict Cumberbatch born?" These and other phrases and people with heavy accents put Siri, Alexa & Google Home through their paces.
- Haruki Murakami, Sarah Manguso & Timothy Snyder highlight Crave's shortlist of Good Books to read in 2017.
- The Girl on the Train author Paula Hawkins is back with a new book. She speaks about her new novel, Into The Water, in this interview.
- 50 Books Recommended by this years TED speakers.
- Publisher's Weekly staffers pick their Best Books of Summer 2017.
- Follow @everysandwich:
Did you know? That hum you hear on telephone wires is not electricity. That hum is caused by the wind passing through the wires and vibrating them. The hum varies in pitch based on wind speed and the tightness of the wire.
Cool off this summer at the Museum of Ice Cream.
On this day in history: May 17, 1973 Televised Watergate Hearings began. Just sayin'.
Wordless Wednesday / Max Richter / "In The Garden" / @maxrichtermusic
- Crayola is turning the first new blue in over 200 years into a crayon.
- Damn you, Chipotle!
- The American Idol reboot has found its first new judge.
- Even though you probably wouldn't believe the Incredible (and Necessary) Extremes TV Producers go through to prevent leaks...I still knew Glen was going to die.
- ABC is on the ball. See trailers for all their upcoming new shows here.
- I've been a Zach Braff fan since Garden State so this one looks promising:
The 20 Spot / Pop Quiz, Hot Shot!
In a barn, 100 chicks sit peacefully in a circle. Suddenly, each chick randomly pecks the chick immediately to its left or right. What is the expected number of unpecked chicks?
Coming Tomorrow...Good things on Art, Design, Science and Throwback Thursday tunes.