Venti Shots / 20 Things Today / Issue No. 118
A New Ventipop
One Year & Counting...
This month will mark the one year anniversary of Ventipop, so I thought it was time for a bit of a makeover. Along with the new look comes a bit of a redesign content-wise as well. Monday-Fridays, I will post a new daily feature titled Venti Shots where I challenge myself to find 20 good things to share each day of the week. I'll also incorporate old favorites like Ear Buds, Espressos, Tuesday Balladry, Wordless Wednesday and Song of the Day into the Vent Shot posts. Mental Yoga Sunday posts, featuring my 5 favorite long form reads of the week, have proven to be a popular feature and those will resume this Sunday. I need everyone's support more than ever. If you enjoy Ventipop, keep the positive vibes flowing by sharing a post with a friend (Share Link at bottom of each post), donating to Venti (PayPal link now in sidebar) or joining the mailing list (mailing list sign up in sidebar). Here's a toast to you...and 20 more shots to get this new Venti started. Thanks for being a part of this. Jay@ventipop.
- What's canceled? What's renewed? 2017 TV Scorecard.
- Apple TV will get FINALLY get the Amazon App later this summer.
- ESPN will debut a daily Fantasy Football Show hosted by Matthew Berry in August. (So, wives will lose their husbands a month earlier than usual this NFL season.)
- If one of your favorite shows is on the list, you may need to shell out $26 and visit The Rage Room.
- A 22-Year-Old stopped the Global Malware hack by spending $10.69
- Kids love Fidget Spinners, Teachers...Not So Much.
- Fidget Spinners...The Hula Hoop of Generation Z, but poor Ms. Hettinger hasn't seen a dime.
- Why you should put away the Fidget Spinners and Let Your Mind Wander.
- 7 Discoveries that started as school assignments
- Aldi's Master Plan to beat Walmart? Lower prices.
SONG OF THE DAY / LUCY & LA MER / "HONEY, PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN" / @LucyAndLaMer
- We all want to hide away from the world sometimes. Why not escape inside the Fried Shrimp Sleeping Bag.
- Speaking of shrimp...The Weird Things People Leave in Books.
- Why you should read books you hate.
- Picture Books from around the globe to make kids feel at home no matter where they are.
- The Irish Book that seduced the USSR is an interesting read.
- 5 Fantastic Books for young scientists.
- What's the Worst Book You've Ever Read?
The 20 Spot / "Calling Bullshit"