Wordless Wednesday X 2 / Willy Wonka of Cheese / Cow Shoes / Silent Disco Yoga
Wordless Wednesday Part 1 / The Comet Is Coming/ @cometcoming / "Start Running"
- Numberless Cultures - People in cultures without numbers have trouble differentiating quantities as low as four or five.
- The Willy Wonka of Cheese - Turns out Domino's, Pizza Hut & Papa John's all get their cheese from the same guy.
- Cow Shoes - Moonshiners used to cover their tracks during prohibition by wearing special shoes that would disguise their footprints.
- A Cut Above - A barber in Cork, Ireland goes above and beyond to help a customer with Autism.
- I'm Lovin' It - Why advertising jingles will make a comeback.
- Jingles work. I still sing this one every now and again:
- Scoobie Snacks - Free, unlimited snacks are becoming the go-to way employers motivate workers.
- Essential vs Non-Essential - Is this phone the next big thing?
- The Island of Abandoned Chimps - A group of lab chimpanzees abandoned on a string of islands in Liberia are finally getting help.
- Silent Disco Yoga - In France, tour the Louvre with a comedian. In Florence, learn to cook Italian in the Chianti Hills. In London, create a custom pill-box hat while enjoying high tea. These are only a few of the 24 Awesome Experiences You Probably Didn't Know About In The World's Greatest Cities.
- True Blue - "I think I'm posting this out of utter emotional distress ... but I need to ask if anyone wants to come to an 8 yr old boys birthday party to show him that he's loved and valued as a person," she wrote. "NO gifts are required other than the gift of friendship."
No responses came in right away, so Day thought of a last resort. She and her husband drove to the Hurst Police Department and asked whether an officer might come see her son, who has always wanted to be a policeman.
Soon after she and her husband got home, the station's entire shift showed up at her front door — with a few Hurst firefighters, too.
- The Healing Power of Music - Florence of Florence and the Machine sings to a sick girl in the hospital.
- Nature's Portfolio - 15 breathtaking photos from National Geographic.
- Fashion Statement - What happens to red carpet dresses after celebrities wear them?
- Most Wanted - I was surprised by the most in-demand job.
- Question of the Day? - Why don't men whistle any more?
- First it was Wallstreet's Charging Bull...then Fearless Girl...now Pissing Pug.