Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today.
1. Feel - Girl who used to be paralyzed surprises her nurse:
2. London Falling - "London… is not a fun place to live unless you are really rich. In Berlin, you can do stuff without much money." How Berlin stole London's crown as the capital of cool.
3. Life Imitates Art - ‘Seinfeld’ actor shows up at Devils game with face painted.
4. Health & Fitness - Is Walking Enough Exercise? Five experts weigh in.
5. Noise Pollution - In addition to all that air pollution, Beijing China is also the sixth-noisiest city in the world. China is now using acoustic cameras to catch honking drivers.
6. Culture - The Diner Lobster was the best Saturday Night Live sketch in ages; a bizarre Les Misérables homage that recalled the show’s glory days.
7. Photography - The New Yorker photographer Dina Litovsky captures an insider's view of Where The Amish Go On Vacation - Pinecraft Sarasota, Florida.
Ventipop New Songs You Should Hear Playlist 2018
10. Sex - "When I had sex education we were not told where the clitoris was. It’s only the main source of women’s sexual pleasure." - Stephanie Alys, the “chief pleasure officer” of Mystery Vibe, is doing all she can to shrink "The Pleasure Gap".
11. TV - Fans of HGTV's hit show 'Fixer Upper' were sad to see Chip and Joanna end their show, but should rejoice in the news they'll soon have a Waco-style spin-off to enjoy. Chip and Joanna Gaines’s favorite woodworker, Clint Harp, is getting his own show 'Woodwork' on DIY Network premiering May 9th.
12. Autism - Samsung Italy is aiming to support inclusive employment with the creation of PizzAut, a concept restaurant designed to provide a working environment suited to people with autism.
13. #95 on AFI's Greatest Movie Quotes of All-Time - "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." ~ Dead Poets Society, 1989. Robin Williams was not the first choice to play the lead John Keating. Others up for the part included Alec Baldwin, Mickey Rourke, Liam Neeson, Bill Murray, Mel Gibson and Dustin Hoffman.
14. Cartoon-ish - So...Doonesbury shocked a lot of people yesterday:
15. Literature - ‘The Great American Read,’ a New Multiplatform PBS Series, reveals List of America’s 100 Favorite Novels.
16. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Why You Shouldn't Stir Your Coffee.
17. Time Traveler - Experience a trip through 1911 New York City. This print has survived in mint condition. Slowed down footage to a natural rate and added in sound for ambiance. This film was taken by the Swedish company Svenska Biografteatern on a trip to America.
18. Trivial Pursuit - Why Do Bridesmaids Traditionally Wear the Same Dress?
19. Interview of the Day - One, if not THE, of my favorite actors Sam Rockwell sits down with the oft annoying Sam Jones for a talk.
20. TV - Actor Michael C. Hall, who became a fixture on television and at awards ceremonies through his performances in “Dexter” and “Six Feet Under,” is returning to television with a new series. Netflix released a trailer today for “Safe,” Hall’s new crime thriller:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.