The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
I read such a terrific preamble before a blogpost yesterday, I'm not even going to try. In the words of the 13-year-old girl in the checkout line, "I can't even".
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today.
1. Feel - "There's 4 of them and only 1 of me," a young girl Cassidy wrote in a video on Facebook detailing her experience with bullies in school. The New York Yankees had her back.
2. Cheer Up! - Nearly One-Third of U.S. Lottery Winners Declare Bankruptcy
3. Food - It's not my imagination; finally, verification. Why food tastes better in bowls than on a plate. (I also prefer styrofoam cups and plastic cutlery)
4. Disconcerting Science - "We only had a few hours warning." NASA Basically Missed a Huge Asteroid That Passed Unnervingly Close to Earth
6. Comics-Journalist - A new career path for serious minded cartoonists (which totally sounds like an oxymoron)
7. Architecture - There's a Smurf blue house with maroon shutters in my neighborhood, but these homes are even more unusual.
8. New Song of the Day - "Quiet, The Winter Harbor" by Mazzy Star
9. Interview of the Day - Actress Elizabeth Olsen reeled me in with this line when asked about not attending the Oscars this year, “I only go to these things if I’m in the mood.” She pauses. “Generally, I’m not.”
10. Photography - Sporting events compressed into single composite photos
11. Culture - Ireland is floating the idea of pre-recorded cross-examination of vulnerable witnesses thanks in part to a year-long study which states 'the experience of giving evidence in a trial can be worse for some victims than being subjected to a sexual crime'.
12. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Conan O'Brien gets a lesson on ordering coffee in Italy:
13. The Well-Traveled Artist - Take a peak inside the handmade sketchbooks of artist Jose Naranja.
14. Pew Research - Nearly one-in-five Americans now listen to audiobooks
17. Movies - Gilda Radner Lives Again in Touching Documentary
18. Weird News - In one corner of China, the old-fashioned golf cart is selling for around $250,000 dollars - that's more than a Porsche or Tesla.
19. Amazon Bookstore - A review
20. The Opposite of Bursting Your Bubble - I'd never get anything done if I worked in a bubble wrap manufacturing factory:
The 20 Returns Monday, April 23
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.