Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Grind posts can be fun, serious, thoughtful, some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. New Song of the Day - "The Lifeboat" by Frank Turner - Frank Turner wrote a song specifically for Ventipop:
2. Dreamworks - For $25, you can nap on a Casper bed for 45 minutes in the Casper Nap Store.
3. Jingfen - Socially awkward Chinese Millennials claim they’re ‘Spiritually Finnish’ after they find deep resonance in the work of cartoonist Karoliina Korhonen.
4. Pop Quiz, Hotshot! - What's your secret nationality? (Apparently, I'm a closeted Ethiopian)
5. Space...The Final Frontier - If you're rich that is. Jeff Bezos plans to charge at least $200,000 for space rides as soon as next year.
6. The Real Final Frontier - One more thing to buy if you're rich and survive space? The Prada Bodybag.
7. McSweeney's Me! -Quiz: Are You A Modern Conservative?
8. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - The world's first coffee shop that gives 100 percent of its proceeds to mental health education and proactive suicide prevention, Sip of Hope also certifies all of its employees in Mental Health First Aid, and they're available to talk with any visitors who need to unload.
9. Busy With Boredom - The thing I noticed most in all of these 1970's snapshots was the absence of phones, computers and that blank screen face you see on most people nowadays. Back then, folks knew how to be bored.
10. Parenting - If you're raising a girl, Quartz has a great series right now called How We'll Win: The Next Generation offering tips on how to revolutionizing how we teach young women to use their strength, take up space, and find their voice.
11. "You don't have to kill me" - Why Does Every Soccer Player Do This?
12. Waste of Space - I've been saying it for years and now it's official: Screw you formal dining room! - Our homes don’t need formal spaces
13. TV Nods - This year’s Emmy nominations spotlight innovative comedy series and stars – but on the serious side of the spectrum, the Academy’s choices are a snore. - *Related: Sandra Oh Makes History.
14. Popcorn Ready? - "The Best Action Movie You'll See This Year"
15. First Signs - Here's your first look at M. Night Shyamalan's Glass
16. Animated Character - Tara Strong makes her living rolling off cliffs and fighting villains … of the animated variety. You might not recognize her face, but you likely have heard her in hit cartoons like “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Rugrats” and “The Fairly OddParents.” Step inside the studio with one of most prolific voice actors in the game:
17. Feel - Wife of diver who died in Thai cave mourns a hero - 'You are my very heart'
18. Licked - Is it OK to share an ice-cream cone with your dog? (I think it depends on the dog.)
19. Send Me A Video - Shoot a vid randomly sharing this bit of weird trivia with someone you love: Garlic rubbed into the soles of the feet can be detected later in the breath. If you do, and it doesn't seem staged, I may send some Ventipop swag.
20. The Last Drop - No Ice-cream for Nacho:
Have a great weekend.
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.