Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Grind posts can be fun, serious, thoughtful, some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Not The Bat Cave - I've said it many, many times on Ventipop, real heroes walk among us and do not wear capes. Meet the Australian doctor who abandoned his holiday in Thailand and stayed in the cave with the boys.
2. Working Lunch - Tread carefully the next time you enter a restaurant during the day. You may be entering a Co-Working Space.
3. Food From The Future? - Imagine opening your fridge 25 years from now. What would you find? Maybe an olive oil base infused with just a hint of marijuana or a synthesized yogurt tailor-made just for you? These are a few of the concept products you'll discover over at Future Market.
4. Would You Like To Play A Game? - "I love route building games and I love railroads so my goal with Ticket to Ride was to design a game that combined those two things in the simplest way possible, while retaining a game that was fun to play no matter how many times you played it.
I also wanted the emphasis to be on building routes from coast to coast. People often ask me if I knew the game would be a hit. But if I’d known that, I would have designed it twenty years earlier." ~ Alan R. Moon designer of the popular board game Ticket To Ride which can be purchased from Amazon here.
5. Holding Wrinkled Hands by Jessica Hagy:
11. Subscription Service of the Day - Hands-on science and art projects delivered for ages 0-16+ from KiwiCo.
12. Liquid Ass - Ventipop really is the Forrest Gump of blogs. You never know what you're gonna get. For instance, An unusual medical training tool got its start as a childish prank.
13. A World of Work - How globes were made in 1955.
14. Why So Serious? - Joaquin Phoenix will be the next actor to fill the Joker's clown shoes.
15. Trailer of the Day - Castle Rock, the psychological horror-drama from Stephen King and J.J. Abrams, set in the King multiverse, premieres on July 25 only on Hulu:
16. Grounded By Science - In an experiment with global implications, Australian scientists have successfully wiped out more than 80% of disease-carrying mosquitoes in trial locations across north Queensland.
17. Criminal Culture - The Linguist Who Helps Police Catch Child Predators
18. Long Over Due - 11 Ridiculously Overdue Library Books (That Were Finally Returned)
19. "Recipes" - 3 Trader Joe's Meal Hacks
20. Food and Books - In front of this restaurant tucked on the border of Massachusetts and Connecticut there's a sign reading "Food and Books". Of course, a restaurant is going to serve food, but be prepared for the books.
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.