The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#201)
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Time Tracks - I began tracking my time more closely a few months ago and I have to admit, it really does go a long way in enhancing my peace of mind.
2. Health Risk - Girls are reaching puberty at younger and younger ages — but how society responds is having a lasting effect on their health. The Health Risks of Maturing Early
3. Product of the Day - How can you get the kids to put on the sun block this summer? Use Zinka Colored Sunblock.
4. Design - The Linx quick release system looks like a key party I could get into:
5. Photography - Here are the winners of the 2018 Nature Photos Contest. The Grand Prize deservedly went to 'Stallions Playing':
6. "No Ordinary Fundraiser" - How one mom's social media post raised $9 million for immigrant families
7. Key Strokes - These Syrian Refugee Children Found Hope and Inspiration in a Piano
8. Movie Trailer of the Day - Hearts Beat Loud starring Nick Offerman and Kiersey Clemons:
9. Super Gooch Segment - Kiersey Clemons teaches Nick Offerman Millennial Slang.
10. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Coffee Makes You Bad At Gambling
11. Culture - Was THIS the best gadget of all-time?
12. Song of the Day - "On The Nature of Daylight" by Max Richter
Elisabeth Moss spends a night wandering desolate city streets in the new video for "On the Nature of Daylight," a composition by contemporary classical composer Max Richter. "On the Nature of Daylight" appears on Richter's acclaimed 2004 album The Blue Notebooks, which will be reissued June 29th to mark its 15th anniversary.
13. Subscription Service of the Day:
Find the clues,
Crack the codes,
Unravel the riddles,
Solve the mysteries,
14. A Religious Experience - Are Atheists sometimes more religious than Christians?
15. Monica's Grandma? - This late actress had the best rent deal in NYC
16. Foamers! - Get a load of this vintage clip of a foamer (which is apparently what they call people who get excited by trains) getting maybe a bit too excited when he sees a 1953 EA...whatever that is:
17. A Foamer's Dream - Europe to hand out free Interrail train tickets to 18-year-olds
18. International Fast Food Corner - The name's Burger. Max Burger. And it's one of the best things to eat in Sweden.
19. High Fashion - As in, you must be high to like this shirt.
20. Feel - Some bonds can never be broken. Purina presents a touching story of a girl growing up with her Clydesdale:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.