Your Daily Cup of Culture...
I leave for a few weeks and suicide rates skyrocket. I kid. That's how I cope. If you didn't know that already, then you're not reading Ventipop closely enough. But seriously, the Bourdain death hit me hard. Loved that guy.
I appreciate the notes saying how much you miss me and all the jabs on social media asking how long a vacation does someone who doesn't really work need? You needle because you care. I hope. Anyway, despite coming back to a storm of more bad news, it's still nice to be back. It was a good trip which I will detail a few of the highlights right here in upcoming editions of The 20.
For now, I think we all need to help those in need of help, try to understand not just our differences but how other people are feeling and focus on some good things in the world because there really are still a lot of good things and good people out there. I'm hoping for at least twenty.
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Feel / Tweet of the Day - Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City hosts an annual event called the Big Slick. What began as a small fundraising event organized by Rob Riggle, Paul Rudd and Jason Sudeikis, It gets bigger every year. And this year was its biggest. Check out this video.
2. Disney's CODE: Rosie - How Disney is turning women from across the company into coders
3. Wild Kingdom WTF Edition - 'Wolf-like' creature shot near Montana ranch puzzles experts (You never want to hear the phrase "puzzles experts" in relation to a wild animal)
4. Food & Diet - This summer's craze to shed extra pounds, The Nordic Diet.
5. Goodnight, Tony - A lot of Bourdain tributes out there. I think this one says it how Tony would have said it.
6. Frosty Brew - Wendy might be a drunk. From The Takeout: "What Booze Tastes Best In A Wendy's Frosty?"
7. Ad of the Day - 'Save Intimacy' for Skyn Condoms by Sid Lee Paris Creative:
8. Commoner's Sense - Seniors Are More Conservative Because the Poor Don’t Survive to Become Seniors
9. Landscaping Art / Transportation / Design - Landscaping the back of a tiny Japanese pick-up truck called a kei-tora.
10. Quote of the Day - "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great." ~ Mark Twain
12. The Fix Is In - Stop Throwing Your Broken Stuff Out. Go to a Repair Cafe and Fix It Yourself:
13. Song of the Day - "Outside The Lines" by Birdtalker (Goodbye, Tony Part 2)
14. Food & Drink - Kenji's Best Fast Food Awards (A Totally Biased, Completely Incomplete List)
15. Feel - Man Finds $1 Million Winning Lottery Ticket — and Tracks Down the Lucky Owner: 'It Felt Good'
16. Trailer of the Day - A Star is Born starring Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga:
17. Face Gym - My Visit to the World’s First Gym for Your Face
18. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Appropriately enough, Biohazard Coffee is the strongest coffee in the world.
19. I Really Want #4 - 21 Vending Machines From Around The World That Are Already Living In 3018.
20. "It is indeed...marvelous. An irony free zone where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts. Where everybody regardless of race, creed, color or degree of inebriation is welcomed." ~ Anthony Bourdain
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.