Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. Ad of the Day - Oftentimes, it's the little things in life...like a Kit Kat bar when your flight is delayed.
2. Temples of Doom - F.D.A. Approves First Drug Designed to Prevent Migraines
3. Something's Afoot - Human feet routinely wash ashore in British Columbia, Canada. But officials say don't be alarmed.
4. Not So Great Tweet of the Day - The official Air Force Twitter account actually tweeted this: "The Taliban Forces in Farah city #Afghanistan would much rather have heard #Yanny or #Laurel than the deafening #BRRT they got courtesy of our #AR10." The Air Force has since deleted it, saying it will address the issue internally.
5. Wedding Belles - Cord Hosenbeck and Tish Cattigan, the “broadcast legends” played by Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon who “hosted” this year’s Rose Parade coverage on Amazon are now set to take on live coverage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s nuptials with The Royal Wedding Live with Cord and Tish!, which HBO will air May 19 at 7:30 AM ET, followed by a replay later that day:
7. The Shoehorn's Arch Nemesis - Nike Files Patent for Miniature Treadmills Inside of Sneaker
8. PopQuiz, Hotshot! - In honor of the Royal Wedding this weekend, here's an appropriate inappropriate quiz: Who Said It? Prince Philip or Michael Scott? (Sadly for Prince Phillip, I only got about half correct)
9. Food - Will Blue Pasta be the next big food trend?
10. New Song of the Day - "Black Walls" by Chromatics
11. International Corner - Chess boxing—literally a combination of chess and boxing—strengthens the mind and body. And it's giving young women in India an unexpected path to a better life.
12. Creepy, Underrated Movie of the Day - If you're in the mood for a legitimate creepy movie this weekend, check out the very well done adaptation of Stephen King's 1922 available on Netflix. (I honestly didn't think Thomas Jane could be better than Coleman Sweeney.)
13. Creepy Music of the Day - Mike Patton announces release of his creepy score to Stephen King’s 1922
14. Total Time Waster of the Day - The WebGL Lathe Workshop is so stupid...stupid fun.
15. Music School - NPR Asks: What Song Got You Through School?
17. "Mistakes Were Made" - The GQ 2018 Comedy Issue takes a dig at Vanity Fair and apologizes for all of the extra appendages on its latest cover:
18. Prank of the Day - This High School Prank Is So Elaborate Even the Cops Are Massive Fans
19. Culture Clash - Marcos Rodríguez Pantoja, who lived among animals for 12 years, finds it hard just to get through the winter and finds human life disconnected and difficult.
20. The Last Drop - “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.”
Have an utterly fantastic weekend everybody.
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.