The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#190)
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. The $1.6 Million Link - Enter the 2018 HGTV Smart Home Giveaway
2. Feel - Due to a flight delay, Brooks Lindsey watched his child enter the world from an airport over FaceTime.
3. New Song of the Day - "Be More Kind" by Frank Turner
New Songs 2018 Playlist on Spotify:
4. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Imagine finding your soul mate who shares the same interests as you. Mainly, coffee lids. Yep, these two bonded over their love of Coffee Lids and wrote a book about it.
5. Books - Book Riot publishes a list of 10 books you should reserve at the library about 2 months before the books are even released. It's a super convenient reminder and an easy way to get your eyes on the pages of new books first and better yet, for free. Here's their 10 June New Releases TO Put On Hold At The Library and for good measure....here's 10 for July.
6. App of the Day - Meet Libby. The App that makes you (almost) forget how much you hate the Overdrive App. Libby makes checking out library ebooks fun again. Libby has become my goto app for audio books and ebooks. Here's her tagline: "Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, FOR FREE, using just the device in your hand." Get Libby.
7. Ad of the Day - Budweiser's World Cup Drone Ad gets me so excited about the event, I nearly forgot the U.S. didn't qualify:
8. A New Low - Shemika Campbell has set three Guinness World Records, including the record for lowest limbo at only 8.5 inches. Now, she’s traveling the world, spreading the culture of her native Trinidad and Tobago:
9. TV - Fox's Lethal Weapon has fired lead Clayne Crawford and may be canceled all together. I'm unsure this show can survive a recast, Crawford was kind of the reason I watched this show.
10. Food - A new generation of academics and chefs are cooking with ancient grains and herbs, using ‘original recipes’, to help work through Israel’s long-unresolved legacy of trauma. The Renaissance of the Biblical Diet
11. Food & Science - The Oxford English Dictionary recognized 'Hangry' as a word earlier this year. And here, scientists explain why it's a genuine emotion and not just something my wife says way too often.
12. Unsolved Mysteries - The Mysterious Case of the Unknown English Frozen Pizza Biter
13. Pop Quiz, Hotshot! - Bookmark this page for its Big Bad True False Quizzes
14. Underrated Movie of the Day - Last Flag Flying stars Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne and Bryan Cranston. Available now to stream on Amazon Prime. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie that seems like a bit of a throwback:
15. Woodwork As Art - Someday I shall own a Dental Cabinet.
16. Heroic Proposal - Firefighter stages creative proposal in fire station with the help of his crew
17. Feel - "Cooper amazes and brightens every room he walks into." A waitress and a chauffeur give Cooper Tilling his prom night.
18. Failed Support System - “It’s so sexy, it’ll give your shape a whole new eye-opening dimension.” The Nipple Bra was the most inappropriate fashion statement of the 1970's.
19. Relationship Fraud - You could be flirting on dating apps with paid impersonators.
Every morning I wake up to the same routine. I log into the Tinder account of a 45-year-old man from Texas—a client. I flirt with every woman in his queue for 10 minutes, sending their photos and locations to a central database of potential “Opportunities.” For every phone number I get, I make $1.75.
I’m what’s called a “Closer” for the online-dating service ViDA (Virtual Dating Assistants). Men and women (though mostly men) from all over the world pay this company to outsource the labor and tedium of online dating. The matches I speak to on behalf of the Texan man and other clients have no idea they’re chatting with a professional.
20. The Last Drop - Not your mother's Dating Game Show:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.