The 20 :: Your Daily Cup of Culture (#186)
Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be humorous, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If you don't enjoy it, you can get your money back.
2. 'O' Moldy Night...' - Like most great ideas...“It started as a joke,” says Emily Wallace, “and then we were like, ‘Actually, that’s not a bad idea.’” Behold the beauty of The Jiggling, Gelatinous Creations of a Pop-up Jell-O Exhibition
3. Swan Songs - What song would you like played at your funeral? NPR asked readers to submit their picks. Here's the playlist.
4. New Song of the Day - Maybe this would be my funeral song. "Cold Baby" by Liz Brasher
Listen to all New Songs You Should Hear by Following the Playlist on Spotify
5. Food and Education - May 8th is Teacher Appreciation Day and Chipotle is giving educators a free burrito.
6. Book Lending 101 - "My policy is fairly simple, in most cases — if I lend a book to you, I probably don’t expect to see it again". What Are the Rules for Lending Your Books to Friends?
7. Feel - After not being able to walk on her own for 10-Months, she surprised her prom date with this:
8. Science - "If we have ignorance we should use the machine learning to fill in the gaps where the ignorance resides." In new computer experiments, artificial-intelligence algorithms can tell the future of chaotic systems.
9. Center Stage - These are the 50 Greatest Plays of All-time.
10. For Better or Worse? - Hey, it's not all gloom and doom, here's a list of 50 Ways The World Is Getting Better.
12. Technology - I thought the days of landline phones were numbered. But then I saw The Dreyfuss.
13. Art - A David Hockney painting titled Pacific Coast Highway and Santa Monica will go to auction in a few weeks at Sotheby’s New York. It’s estimated to fetch a record sum—between $20M and $30M—for the artist:
14. Cry Closet - We all need a safe place when we feel stressed out. The University of Utah installed a cry closet for their students.
15. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Is it ironic I noticed a coffee stain on the front of my shirt as I was posting to this story of The World's 20 Biggest Coffee Drinkers?
16. Awkward Moment of the Day - Jeopardy should ask all contestants to pretend to be athletes in their opening videos.
17. Stab in the Dark - Through rain, sleet, snow, blood and stabbings...
18. Subscription Service of the Day - Bullymake will send a box each month for the power chewers in your life. AKA (hopefully) your dog. What if Cujo munches his way through a selection? Just send it back within 14 days and they'll replace it with a rougher, tougher option.
19. The Purple Syllabus - "This syllabus presents works written by scholars and journalists across diverse topics. Our hope is that this syllabus will serve as a resource for teachers and curriculum designers looking to infuse their classrooms and courses with Prince content."
20. Rockstar - During a Green Day concert in Oakland, CA, Billie Joe Armstrong stopped mid-song to ask the audience if someone wants to play guitar with the band. He singled out a young girl in the front row with bright green and blue hair. The teen tells him she's been playing guitar her whole life so Armstrong brings her up on stage:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.