Your Daily Cup of Culture...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Your Daily Cup of Culture can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
1. New Song of the Day - "Superlover" by Birds of Chicago
3. Best Ad Ever - "Let's face the facts, this car isn't going to win any beauty contests, but neither are you. Stop lying to yourself and stop lying to your wife. This isn't the car you want, it's the car you deserve: The fucking 1999 Toyota Corolla."
5. Descriptive Generator - "I have curves like a silken berry" according to this Male Novelist Descriptive Generator.
7. I'll Bite - Scientists are developing a tooth sensor that could change how often we go to the doctor:
8. Interview of the Day - The New Yorker sits down with author Malcolm Gladwell to see where he gets his ideas from.
9. K-9 Culture Crisis - "These canine heroes risk their lives for us and ask little in return but praise and a pat on the head. But we owe them so much more, including the medical care that could save their lives." The opioid crisis is causing police dogs to overdose.
10. Podcast of the Day - Actress and book buff Sonya Walger has created 'a podcast for people who love people who love books'. In each episode of Bookish, Sonya speaks to interesting people about the 5 books that have most shaped who they are. I've only listened to her interview with her former Lost boss Damon Lindelof, but I'm hooked.
11. Testicle Festival Dropped - I regret to inform you The Testicle Festival has been canceled.
12. Culture - "I’m not just a reader; I’m rather a cultural promoter of sorts. I usually try to bring topics that can influence their day-to-day, and help them face certain issues." In a practice that started in 1865 and still continues today, lectores (storytellers) in Cuban cigar factories read to the workers while they roll cigars:
13. Cry on Command - Actress Bryce Dallas Howard shows us how to get the tears flowing:
15. Right Hand Man - The Bizarre Reason Brides Stand on the Left at Weddings
16. Trailer of the Day - I wasn't intrigued by Paramount Network's original series Yellowstone starring Kevin Costner until I read it was created by Taylor Sheridan, the writer of two of my favorite movies Hell or High Water and Sicario. 'Nuff said, All in:
17. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Researchers found that those who drink moderate amounts of beer or wine, along with two cups of coffee, increase their chances to live a long life, Amen.
18. Please and Thank You - Amazon’s new Alexa-powered Dot encourages kids to use the word ‘please’
19. Job Secrets - Mental Floss offers up 19 Secrets of Public Librarians.
20. Serenity Now! - I want a hidden pool in my backyard:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.
Grind #185 ~ Fini.
The 20 Returns Monday, April 30, 2018