We live in times of fleeting temples:
20 Good Things / Food & Drink / Kindness / Music / Humor
- Speeders Beware - Grandma has a hairdryer.
- Tin Man needs a heart...and bail money.
- 5-Star Reviews - Here are some of Amazon's most humorous reviews.
- Naked Yoga Enthusiast - Wanted in Pueblo, Colorado.
- Burger To Go - Swiss Farmers are left puzzled after their cows jumped off a cliff.
- Future Darwin Award Winners.
The 20 Spot / Family Circus Comic Strip
I love this. American cartoonist Lynda Barry has just been immortalized in The Family Circus by cartoonist Jeff Keane (aka Jeffy), who took over the strip created by his father Bil Keane (love seeing their signatures together). I would have assumed Lynda Barry would hate a comic like this, and Jeff Keane even asked her friend why she liked it so much, saying “It’s not a ‘cool’ comic strip”. Lynda posted this reply on her blog:
“Dearest Jeffy K,
Know this: Love is ALWAYS cool.
Cousin Lynda B.”
With all the horrible headlines lately, we need some good news more than ever. Today, I'm searching high and low for some uplifting things to share with all of you to reaffirm the good outweigh the unkind. Share your positive thoughts and finds in the comments section below, or you can email me.
- A teacher sends her student with autism a reaffirming letter after he didn't do so well on his tests.
- A Pearl Harbor Vet was scammed out of his life savings, but he now has 1,000 thank you notes to write.
- India just planted 50 million trees in under 24 hours.
- Are you annoyed or angry a lot of the time? Then you should read this.
- 12-Year-Old Kenzie Hinson founded a food pantry in North Carolina and Tyson Foods decided to help her out with a little surprise:
- Smile...this Sunday, the 17th is National Ice Cream Day and here are some deals being offered.
- 9 Stories that show us why we should see the best in people.
- The Brooklyn Public Library has a program called TeleStory which allows incarcerated parents to read to their children while simultaneously promoting literacy.
- To be happier, the science says focus on what makes you miserable.
- While everyone is focusing on the Pokemon Go phenomena, I think this New Jersey housewife may have the next big thing...introducing "Chardonnay Go".
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story released a behind the scenes "Celebration Reel" video which gives us all hope in a different kind of way:
- I can't hold out any longer sharing this toddler working out with Rocky.
- I'm absolutely 100% for "Politeness-based" pricing.
- These employees got a huge raise then decided to pay it forward to their CEO. Now, he has a new Tesla in his garage.
- We'll close out the week with a Ryan Gosling slow serenade. It's the dark yet calming trailer for Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling's third movie together. La La Land is out this December.
Have some ice cream with someone you love this weekend.