Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is easy to overlook because it’s so terrific every week. Oliver takes on Compounding Pharmacies in this week's episode with a little help from cameos from David Schwimmer, Kristen Bell, Method Man, Jimmy Kimmel and more:
I've been away for a while, but I'm back now. Absence and fondness and...all that jazz. I could go into a long explanation as to why Venti took such a lengthy break or I could just let Irma sing:
- This 75-Year Harvard Study concluded what the Beatles knew all along.
- This world we live in is quite something. Pillsy is a bluetooth enabled cap that reminds you when it's time to take your medicine.
- There will not be a writer's strike in Hollywood. I was secretly hoping there would be and that it would last for about 11 years so I could catch up on all the shows.
- Here's a big list of what's coming and going on Netflix in May.
- Jimmy Kimmel revealed on his show last night his newborn son survived heart surgery:
- This List of 30 Genius Food Inventions had me at "Confectionary Free" Checkout Lane.
- "So...you've decided to drink more water"...and how you could change the world.
- Did someone say, "Free"? The Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites and more.
- I may or may not have learned about the Wedding Llamas on The Internet Archive. Maybe it's time to book a trip to Oregon to renew my wedding vows.
...The Last Drop
Rapper Logic wanted to do something extra special for his girlfriend Jessica on her 25th birthday, so he hired a small orchestra, complete with a flautist, to play a song very special to the couple: the theme song from Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Enjoy your Tuesday...even though Tuesdays have no feel. I promise I'll be back before 2 weeks pass.
Enjoy this Weekend Espresso featuring the Orange Menace, laughs, scares, bad lip reading and a quiz to get you in the Halloween mood.
"I Ate All Your Halloween Candy"
Jimmy Kimmel asks his viewers to pull this cruel prank on their kids every year:
Black Mirror :: Season 3
Black Mirror is one of the best shows many of you have never watched. Season 3 premieres on Netflix October 21st. (Warning: Trailer Not Safe for Work - Language)
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
24 Scary Movies, 8 Minutes. No pressure but I got 23 out of 24.
First Presidential Debate :: Bad Lip Reading
I'm proud to say this is the Orange Menace's first ever appearance on Ventipop. We never actually have to hear his actual voice, so it doesn't really count. I'm only posting this because it really made me laugh. We really need a laugh, and I'm not talking about that painful, awkward, incredulous, shameful laugh we've all had watching this presidential election. Enjoy your Sunday folks: