Special Blend :: Our Favorite Links From September 2016
Enjoy Our Favorite Links from September
Are You Having A Laugh?
- "25 Phrases You Wish You Could Say At Work More Often" has a few gems on there. I especially like "I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce" and "The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist".
- A couple had sex every day for a year. Find out how it benefited their relationship and her self-esteem...and if either of them can still walk.
- My meal was terrific until the giant rat fell from the ceiling onto my plate.
- "Some Goof Ball In A Hat!" How bad was the 49'ers vs Rams NFL game last night? So, bad announcer Kevin Harlan gave brilliant play-by-play of a streaker running on the field and called it the most exciting thing to happen all night.
- Imagine you're a Psychiatrist and Facebook started recommending your patients follow one another.
Arts & Entertainment
- Rolling Stone polled actors, writers, producers, critics and show runners to come up with a comprehensive list of the "100 Greatest TV Shows of All-Time".
- It may be a great tv season and people may be addicted to their phones, but strangely table top gaming is making huge comeback.
- Favorite movie trailer of September:
- Norwegian Artist Martin Whatson:
- There are quite a few major awards for authors, but readers really want to win this London bookstores contest where the winner receives free books for life.
- "Sip Tea Slowly" & "Wear a scarf" are 2 of the 9 Tricks to Look Smart in a Book Club.
- Here's a spoiler-free list of 37 Books With Mind-Blowing Plot Twists.
- From the article, "How To Deal With People Who Interrupt Your Reading": Touch their face and softly whisper, “He is coming for you,” before turning back to your book as if nothing happened.
Favorite "Feels" of August
- Mr. Wright's Law of Love - Meet the teacher who loves his students by showing them what true love really is.
- This story about a terminally ill mom and her son with Down Syndrome gets me every time: