Special Blend :: Our Favorite Links From October 2016
Enjoy Our Favorite Links From October
- The more you laugh, the longer you live. Especially, if you're a woman.
- I often do find myself thinking everyone around me is terrible, so maybe I am a jerk.
- Amino is a fully searchable online database that takes the pain out of finding a doctor near you. Amino is a 2016 Innovation by Design Award Winner in the Health category.
- Scientists agree most vitamin supplements are useless. Here are the ones you should actually take.
- Will anything we currently build still be standing in 500 years? Here are seven ancient statues still standing tall.
- Artisanal Toilet Paper will still be around:
- The Honeycrisp apple is one delicious fruit. I had no idea it wasn't created in a lab until the 1990's and the University of Minnesota held a patent on it.
- Real wasabi costs around $80 per pound...so that stuff at the local sushi hut probably isn't wasabi.
- Some of the best commercials of my childhood came with a jingle. If I said to you, "I don't want to grow up..." or "The best part of waking up..." or "My bologna has a first name...", chances are you would be able to finish those little songs. And I'd bet money you'd have a smile on your face while you did. But somewhere along the way, the jingle has gone out of fashion. Was it Michael Jackson's fault?
- I still sing the Charles in Charge theme, but I guess that's not strong enough nowadays. With over 400 scripted shows, this article details the evermore importance of a show's opening title sequence.
- Where does the anger come from? Despite all economic indicators pointing up, six out of ten Americans feel the country is on the wrong track. The Washington Post canvassed pollsters and other experts to get their opinion on the apparent disconnect
- Imagine picking up the phone, getting asked if you're available to DJ later that night and then being told the client is Prince. Read the incredible story about the night a Los Angeles DJ was picked at random to DJ for Prince's intimate late night date. If you read the story, here's one of the songs Prince told the DJ he liked:
...The Last Drop