Don't you love it when you throw on an old pair of sweats or shorts you haven't worn for a long while and discover a crumpled up dollar bill in there? It's better than winning a scratch off lottery ticket, right? It's unexpected, easy (didn't even have to drive to a gas station, stand in line or spend any money to "win" money) and sometimes, it's just enough to flip the scale from bad day to good day. Well, that's what you get today with this Grind post. Every so often, I have to clean out my "pocket" where I save stories to feature on Ventipop. I uncrumple them, smooth them out and try to place them in some logical order in a post even though the very reason they haven't been featured before is because they didn't quite fit into any past posts. So, it's like making a puzzle out of a bunch of irregular jigsaw pieces. So, instead of disjointed, muddled, unfocused or hodgepodge, we call it eclectic or abstract or charming. So enjoy this eclectic grind on everything from really bad dates to rental goldfish to soaps for everyone. I'm off to spend that dollar on a scratch-off.
- The guy that played a huge role in putting Blockbuster out of business is now setting his sights on the movie business. Will Moviepass be the next innovation that flips the movie business on its head?
- Why does Netflix's Classic Movie section keep shrinking?
- Don't Netflix and chill...these are the things an overactive brain needs to get a good nights sleep.
- You may have gone out on bad dates before, but I guarantee you, you've never had a date this bad.
- Things could be worse. (Not really) What if you found out someone bought your street?
- If you're feeling lonely, I mean really, really lonely, stay at this Belgian Hotel and rent a goldfish for the night.
- If you're feeling lonely, I mean really, really, REALLY loney...head out to the Love Dome in Venice for a Cuddle Party.
- Or if you just WANT to be alone, ship yourself overnight via a Cabin Sleep Pod Bus.
- We'll get to color blindness in a minute, but this article suggests we cure ourselves of Tree Blindness.
- Enchroma glasses enable color blind people to see the world in full, accurate color; often for the first time like 66-year-old William Reed:
- How did all 32 NFL teams get their names?
- This has to be the best new tradition in all of sports.
- Every football team should have a dog that retrieves the tee after kickoffs:
...The Last Drop
Whiskey River Soap Co. make soaps for everyone: