Grind #100 :: Parisian Urine Gardens & Other Design Whizzardry
It's been a long while since we featured imaginative design. In this edition of the Grind, we lust over paper, take a history lesson on both parchment and eyeglasses, dig new the design of lamps, alarm clocks, steering wheels, toothbrushes, scarves, cutlery and we take the temperature of how we feel about public gardens that double as public restrooms. It's a whizzbanger. Enjoy.
- Why do I find myself really wanting one of these INSPIRING SCROLLS?
- We take everything for granted. A big roll of paper hanging on a wall for us to pull down and use with ease; never even considering THE GRISLY INVENTION OF PARCHMENT.
- DIGG'S 5 FAVORITE GADGETS OF 2017 (SO FAR) includes a Windows 10 PC that fits in your pocket.
- Just like me in the mornings, this simply designed SLEEP SWITCH ALARM CLOCK is either On or Off.
- BENTO INTERACTIVE LAMP - just pull it up to turn it on and push it down to close it into the shape of a Bento box. Me likey.
- I don't know about you, but I think I would feel a tad pervy eating with the FINGER-SHAPED GOUTE SPOON.
- Is this LED SCARF safe to wear in a rainstorm?
- Are ADORABLE TINY FOOD RINGS necessary?
- This $120 COMPACT PRINTER BY MANGOSLAB can print anything on your phone into a sticky note.
- Say goodbye to 10 and 2. Designer Autoliv reimagines the steering wheel. Get used to this phrase, "DRIVER ATTENTION REQUIRED".
- "Piss in Peace"...yup, that's the tagline for a new fixture on the streets of Paris. Introducing the URINE GARDEN. (Brings a whole new meaning to "green thumb". Do these flowers smell funny to you? I could go all day on this one...)
- Texas A&M University is now home to America's FIRST GLOW IN THE DARK BIKE LANE. (I bet those flowers in Paris glow brighter than that bike lane.)
- What does a $980,000 watch look like? This: (And here are 6 more crazy timepieces from the world's most exclusive watch show.)
- The PROPHIX TOOTHBRUSH WITH A CAMERA...so you can create a new type of X-Rated Video.
- THE ODDLY FASCINATING, FANTASTICAL HISTORY OF EYEGLASSES begins centuries ago with a jar of water...
- ...And we've come full circle back to SMART EYEGLASSES with liquid lenses that can adjust and focus on whatever you are looking at near or far in only 14 milliseconds.
...The Last Drop
If you'd like to help Ventipop out, use this link when you shop Amazon.com. When you do, we receive a small affiliate bonus that will really help keep the site running. Also, you can order any of the items featured on Ventipop on our Goods page. Thanks so much for supporting Ventipop!
:: Grind #100:: Parisian Urine Gardens & Other Design Whizzardry ::