// Anyone hungry? Grind #108 - The Food One //
We blend and marinate a bunch of stories on food and drink in this edition of the Grind. I hope you're not too hungry because the Juicy Lucy video might be the end of you. As always, thanks for reading and spreading the word.
The only rock eaten by humans
The fear of an empty glass
- So, you really want to get married quickly, huh? Decisions, decisions, decisions. Should you go TACO BELL, McDONALD'S, DOMINOS, WHITE CASTLE or KFC?
- Here are the 2017 COOKBOOK AWARD WINNERS.
- Thanks to the friggin' SEA LICE EPIDEMIC, we're gonna be paying a lot more for salmon this year.
- ATTACK OF THE TASTELESS TOMATOES. Am I the only one who finds it scary scientists have to come up with a genetic fix to put the taste back in tomatoes?
- Science has already come up with a way to create ARCTIC APPLES, which are genetically modified to brown more slowly than regular apples. That's kind of cool but it sets an uneasy precedent that the apples do not have to be identified as "genetically modified".
- HOW TO THAW A FROZEN STEAK in minutes.
- 8 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ALDI...from an employee.
- Wanna get your fat cousin Delbert in better shape? Maybe, you could talk him into BEER YOGA.
- Whole Foods helped make organic foods an American craze. Ironically, it's the organic movement that's come back to BITE THEM.
- If you pay $22 FOR A SINGLE STRAWBERRY, you're just showing off.
- "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to IHOP we go..." - Behold! BUTTER MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU.
- "The longer something sits in a pile of juicy trash, it becomes harder to tell exactly what it originally was." But there are RESEARCHERS PAID TO DIG THROUGH FOOD SCRAPS in hopes of reducing food waste and costs.
- THE WORLD'S FIRST BIONIC BAR is coming to the Vegas strip this summer:
- "SELL BY, USE BY, BEST IF USED BUY, EXPIRES ON..." Most Americans have no idea what these food labels mean. But grocery shoppers across the nation are going to see big changes regarding these labels by July 28th which could save millions on food waste.
- Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robins join a growing list of restaurants ELIMINATING ARTIFICIAL COLORS AND FLAVORS.
- BEHOLD THE JUICY LUCY:
- Can Fast Food predict the future? According to the WAFFLE HOUSE INDEX, THE BIG MAC & KFC INDICES AND THE PIZZA PRINCIPLE - economists agree it can.
- Hey lushes out there, imagine a night of drinking with no penalty the next day. Sound too good to be true? A British scientist may be on the verge of ERADICATING HANGOVERS BY THE YEAR 2050.
- BUZZED ALDRIN? It seems like a good idea to ban astronauts from alcohol in space.
- MAKE AMERICA DINNER AGAIN: Dinner gatherings with a side of political discourse.
...The Last Drop
Foodage :: The Juicy Lucy, Beer Yoga & Sea Lice Salmon (Grind #108) ~ Fin.