Daily Grind :: I Hate Birds, Whales Like Flutes & Australia is Moving
It's always nice to kick off a Monday with a laugh. Nobody better than this guy to get our week going:
"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
- Steve Martin
Today's Daily Grind features some stories on science, a touching story about a man who lost his voice, Harry Potter sad news, hilarious quotes by kids, gender announcements, Australia is moving and Maria Bamford is funny. Enjoy your day folks.
- "The man who lost his voice was a gentle man who didn’t ask terribly much of life." A nice story by the New York Times.
- If you're feeling alone, you're not alone. This article explains why it's so hard for adults to make friends.
- Due to the increased pressure to prepare students for standardized testing, teachers no longer have time to teach kids about morality or empathy.
- The creator of the Segway created one of the world's most advanced prosthetic arms. It's called the "LUKE arm" and is modeled after Luke Skywalker's prosthetic in Star Wars.
- Good news! The new Harry Potter "book" is out and it's great.
- Bad News? J.K. Rowling says there will be no more Harry Potter forever.
- After reading that last post, the Harry Potter fan in all of us needs cheering up. Buy them one of these gifts for the ultimate Potter Head.
- Pop Quiz! Find out if you're Color Blind.
- Imagine telling your cellmates in jail you got caught by a Swedish policewoman dressed only in a bikini.
- "Mommy, you smell like wine."...And other hilarious quotes by kids.
- Gender Announcements are a thing these days. Personally, I like this one where their little girl is not happy:
- Not only does coffee oftentimes save our co-workers from bodily injury, but it played an important role in war for soldiers.
- How do they coordinate 100,000 balloons to drop all at once at these political conventions?
- I didn't know you could listen to books on Spotify too.
- Need to get motivated and exercise? These Spotify songs actually make you want to workout.
- Turns out, whales like flute music.
- Have you played around with the new Prisma app? It's fun and maybe a little addictive.
- I do not like birds. And I like them even less now I know crows are so smart they use sticks to carry things.
- I'll soon be able to stumble around and not know what I'm doing in a Virtual Reality version of Minecraft.
- Due to tectonic shifting, the entire continent of Australia is about to move a little North.
- We started with a laugh today, so let's bookend it and close out the Grind with another laugh from the SO funny Maria Bamford: