Daily Grind :: Nitrogen Coffee, Dopplegangers and Mellow Monday Music
Here's hoping you all had a fun, safe summer weekend. The highlights of our weekend included a Gnome named Norm derailing our local Amazing Race endeavor, one of the most amazing brunches ever at A Taste of Belgium, the re-realization I'm not good at 80's video games at the 16-Bit-Bar, loving practically every single thing inside Elm & Iron, and dipping my feet in a wading pool in the sunshine with my wife and kids listening to some good live cajun music.
Another realization I had this morning while perusing stories for the Daily Grind is the fact I may have to add Pokemon Go to the list of the other two things we try to avoid talking about on Ventipop: The Orange Menace and that little show on HBO that has the dragons. Everywhere I went on the web this weekend and this morning had a headline talking about Pokemon Go. I get that it's a big deal...but should it be THAT big a deal?! There are a lot of other awesome things in the world that don't involve hunting cartoons with your phone. Here are a few of them:
- Wake up this morning with some Nitrogen Infused Coffee.
- This History of Embarrassing Presidential Campaign Logos seems like an appropriate thing to post today.
- A Netflix new service allows you to make "mixtapes" of your favorite shows and share.
- Which streaming service is the least likely to get canceled by users?
- Start preparing your grandparents now...over 70,000 ATMs will soon go cardless and allow users to make withdrawals with TouchID.
- Mastercard is getting a new logo for the first time in over 20 years.
- Do we really need an Apple reality show searching for the next great App?
- For my son, Minecraft: Story Mode will release its seventh episode next week.
- The Magnificent Seven looks like a fun time at the theater:
- It's likely you too have a doppleganger somewhere.
- "Where did the time go?" The scientific explanation of why time seems to go faster as we age.
- We tend to lose friends during our 30's. Why? And how can we stop it?
- 6 Human Quirks you didn't know were attributed to evolution.
- And if evolution exists, chances are humans are STILL evolving, right?
- The best way to NOT start your marriage.
- By 2025, here will be the top 5 hardest jobs to fill.
- Jobs will be even harder to fill if people follow this psychologist's advice to goof off.
.:: Mellow Monday Music for the Week of July 18 ::.
Hayes Carll :: "Sake of the Song"
Laura Gibson :: "The Last One"