17 Things You Absolutely Do Not Need To Know But I Told You About Anyway
People keep asking me what this website is about and I keep answering with long, convoluted detailed explanations like, "It's your source for news about music, tech, design, arts, science, literature, food...whatever. I scour the internet to find what's interesting and then throw it together for you in a feel good, non-snarky, non-celeb-obsessed sort of way."
This blog IS about all of that stuff, but actually the most honest answer is this blog is plain and pure escapism. It's me placing random, hopefully interesting stories and news in front of you that you may have otherwise missed. It's about you, bobbing your head to a new song or thinking about something common in an uncommon way or learning something new when you least expect it. And sometimes it's just about 17 things you absolutely do not need to know but I tell you about them anyway. Things like Kim Jong-Un Squishy Rabbit Heads. Enjoy.
- Take a deep breath. That little show on HBO with the dragons will not premiere next spring as planned. Gulp.
- In honor of the recent sanctions against Kim Jong-Un...Squishy Rabbit Head.
- This husband convinced a town to send his wife roses on her last day of chemo treatment for breast cancer.
- Song of the day...Darius Rucker's "If I Told You":
- Bose has released a buildable speaker kit for the kiddies.
- Some Japanese dude bought a bunch of grapes for $11,000.
- Would you pay $430 for a dog exorcist? They do in, yep you guessed it...Japan.
- If you've ever been told your personality sucks, then here's some good news for you. Personality does change over a person's lifespan and usually for the better.
- I don't know how reliable this Italian study is, but I really want to believe that eating pasta will not make you fat.
- I agree with this list of the best comedy sketches of the year so far. "Farewell, Mr. Bunting" starring Fred Armisen is the funniest:
- Why not use your Fitbit to help you get pregnant?
- A new documentary, Love Between the Covers, takes you inside the billion dollar industry of Romance Novels. See the trailer here. It's available now on iTunes and Amazon.
- Life Animated is another documentary film about how Disney's animated movies helped a boy with Autism discover the key to communication: