Daily Grind :: Blue Wine, 11 Ways to Happiness and Big Toys
We had several guesses yesterday. Some of them were interesting. Congrats to Emily H. and Sammy C.; you two correctly guessed the author of yesterday's 'Who Said It?':
"How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world?." ~ Anne Frank
- The Yellow Pages are STILL a $3 Billion a year business.
- You can stop rinsing your dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. Hallelujah.
- I agree with this Gizmodo article; more people should be watching and talking about Preacher on AMC.
- This song by the band Frightened Rabbit was featured on the series premiere of Showtime's new Cameron Crowe project Roadies:
- Author Madeline Ashby has a new novel out titled Company Town. After reading this review by Annalee Newitz for Ars Technica, I've added the book to the top of my reading list queue:
"Madeline Ashby's new novel, Company Town, starts out like your average futuristic novel about a ninja bodyguard hired to protect unionized sex workers on a city-sized oil drilling platform off the coast of Canada. Then it starts getting weird."
- We're closing out the Grind today with this video of a NASA Engineer who decided to make the world's largest & most powerful "Nerf" Gun. Imagine shooting this thing at the glass as you go down that slide in L.A.?
P.S. Here's a link to the book mentioned in the video: Mars Rover Curiosity by Rob Manning
Join our Mailing List