Daily Grind :: Laughter & Music & Smart Ass Horses
It was a brisk 47 degrees when I woke up this morning. I crunched some leaves underfoot as I walked back home. Fall it is a comin' and that's a good thing in my book. This time of year coupled with the middle of the week might make for some tough sledding for some of you out there. So, I put together a daily grind flush with the two greatest remedies for any type melancholy...Laughter and Music. Now, enjoy some smart ass horses:
- Vulture asks is this the best fall tv season in recent memory?
- It may be a great tv season and people may be addicted to their phones, but strangely table top gaming is making huge comeback.
- Two of my favorites got together when Norm MacDonald hosted Bill Hader on his podcast.
- There's an undercurrent of sadness like a sad hum embedded in this trailer for the new Duplass Brothers film titled Blue Jay. But there's also a provoked, comfortable joy in there too that made me happy as I watched it. (And if my wife is reading this, I do not have any desire to spend the day reminiscing with any of my exes from 20 years ago.) Blue Jay is out in limited release October 11th.
- Attending your own digital funeral might be fun.
- Do you have a sense of humor? Take a quiz from 1928 to find out. (Hint: If you're not sure and you have to take a 90-year-old quiz to find out; I think we already know the answer.)
- What's the Transatlantic accent? It's that accent people had in old movies.
- Here are 2016's highest paid comedians.
- "I need a Kleenex":
- J.K. Rowling reviewed the Violent Femmes 1983 self-titled debut. Wait, what?
- Vinyl record sales have hit a nearly 30-year high as younger music lovers have skyrocketed sales to their highest grossing point since 1988.
- Daily readers of Ventipop have probably already guessed I'm a Spotify fan. On Tuesday, Spotify got even better by releasing Daily Playlists that get smarter the more you listen.