The Daily Grind (#224) :: The Profesh, Disko Dip & Liam's World
Your Daily Grind...
My sabbatical to Ireland is nearly over. Here's the 10 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Daily Grind posts are meant to be fun, serious, thoughtful, musical, informative and hopeful. I post what I discover whether it be a new musician I think deserving of a listen, a new product I've used and like or an article that runs counter to the tide of thought. Peruse and enjoy.
1. New Song of the Day - "Helpless" by The Regrettes
4. Innovative Design - GMC's Multifunctional "MultiPro Tailgate"
7. Culture & Art - The Secret Language of Tramp Writing
Hobos, or tramps, were itinerant workers and wanderers who illegally hopped freight cars on the newly expanding railroad in the United States in the late 19th century. They used graffiti, also known as tramp writing, as a messaging system to tell their fellow travelers where they were and where they were going.
8. A Sprinkling of International Corner - AKA...Disko Dip, Hundreds & Thousands and Bunte Streusel
9. Parenting Two - Happy Children Do Chores (Apparently, this author has never been around my kids while they're doing chores)
10. The Last Drop - Music - "Imagine" by John Lennon (Original Demo)
“Early 2016, during the gestation period of this project, I’m in the Lennon archives with my people going through tape boxes that have labeling that’s unclear, misleading, or missing entirely”, says engineer Rob Stevens. “There’s a one-inch eight-track that says nothing more on the ‘Ascot Sound’ label than John Lennon, the date, and the engineer (Phil McDonald), with DEMO on the spine. No indication of what material was on the tape. One delicate transfer to digital later, the “Imagine” demo, subsequently enhanced superbly by Paul Hicks, appears within this comprehensive set. It was true serendipity.”
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.