The Daily Grind...
If you're like me, you want more from the world. We can all do good. Be better. Achieve and set examples. We don't see those things enough. If it bleeds it leads. Too much blood. And I'm tuning it out. The lies. The hatred. The racism. The ignorance. The spoon fed ventriloquist dummies. Welcome to my escape hatch. Ventipop. The place I go to get away. No one here but a select few and maybe a weird guy named Desmond who calls me brotha and may or may not be real. Down the ladder we go.
Here's the 10 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Peruse and enjoy.
Culture :: Parenting by Elephants :: Product of the Day :: Time Waster of the Day :: Missing Words :: Science, Bitch! :: Music by Cut Worms :: International Corner :: The Old Man and the Gun :: TV
1. World Language Culture - May we all be blessed with many sombremesas with few espertas many bella figuras and beautiful feierabends. 10 of the best words in the world (that don't translate into English)
2. Parenting and Family - Learn all you need to know about both from this video of elephants. Yes, elephants.
3. Product of the Day - I think the world would be a much better place if we were made to wear this silly Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks Watch:
4. Time Waster of the Day - The makers of MailChimp made a game and you may not get another Ventipop update for the next month.
5. Humor - The. Of. Lawnmower. 'Nuff said:
6. Science - Behold the dancing time-lapse kidney bean:
7. New Song of the Day - "Cash For Gold" by Cut Worms
Cut Worms Spotify Bio: Borrowing a term from a William Blake poem, indie singer/songwriter Max Clarke began working under the name Cut Worms while studying illustration at Chicago's Columbia College. Clarke's relaxed style has its roots in the tuneful work of '50s and '60s pop artists like Buddy Holly and the Everly Brothers as well as the country sound of the same era. Inspired by a prolific musical roommate, he challenged himself to write and record two new songs each month on a digital eight-track, and he uploaded them to his Bandcamp site. In late 2015, Clarke relocated to New York and began building up his reputation as a performer while his charming lo-fi demos made the rounds. He eventually landed a deal with Jagjaguwar Records, which collated six of his best Chicago-era demos into Cut Worms' debut EP, Alien Sunset, in October 2017. His next move was to record a full-length album, which he did with the help of producers Jonathan Rado in Los Angeles and Jason Finkel in N.Y.C. Clarke played most of the instruments on 2018's Hollow Ground, with help from Rado and drummer David Christian, among others. ~ Timothy Monger, Rovi
8. International Corner - For only $2,950,000 you could be the proud owner of The Go-Kart House in Ireland.
9. Trailer of the Day - I love a good throwback movie. I love Robert Redford. This looks very good:
10. The Last Drop - TV - Do not forget to set your vhs, dvr, streaming devices, etc...Better Call Saul is back tonight on AMC.
And if you missed the first 3 seasons:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.