The Daily Grind (#217) :: Watermelon Steak, The Family Jewels and Fortnite Coaches
Your Daily Grind...
Here's the 10 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Daily Grind posts are meant to be fun, serious, thoughtful, musical, informative and hopeful. I post what I discover whether it be a new musician I think deserving of a listen, a new product I've used and like or an article that runs counter to the tide of thought. Peruse and enjoy.
Feel :: International Corner :: Free Food! :: Parenting :: Product of the Day :: Photography :: Watermelon Steak :: Vested Interest :: Ocean's Nine :: Music
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking on either button below.
1. Feel - Sometimes last is first. Less than 100 miles into the 2018 Tour de France, disaster struck American rider Lawson Craddock. TV cameras didn’t capture precisely what happened, but with around 80 kilometers left in Stage 1, Craddock emerged behind the peloton bloodied and bruised after hitting a water bottle and falling during the feed zone. He suffered a fractured shoulder blade, and his bruised eye socket sent blood streaming down his face. Many riders wouldn’t have finished the stage. He finished the race.
2. International Corner - An 'Unmitigated Success' - that's how a firm in New Zealand sums up its experiment with a four-day work week. First, The Lord of the Rings movies and now this.
3. Free Food! - Thrillist lists all the free food you can get in August.
4. Parenting (Or Lack Thereof) - Parents Hiring Fortnite Coaches to Improve Play, Help Children Level Up
6. Photography - Hindsight - 30 Years Ago: A look back at 1988...the good and bad.
7. Watermelon Steak? - Would you eat this dish?
8. Vested Interest - A Vest Vending Machine inside the San Francisco Airport rakes in $10,000 in sales per month. Let me say that again. A Vest Vending Machine.
9. The Family Jewels On These Two - Apparently, Danny Ocean had nine too many. Thieves steal Swedish royal jewels, escape by speedboat...in Stockholm at high noon.
10. New Song of the Day - Q: What is Electro Swing Music? A: "Mambo Rap" by Parov Stelar