Your Daily Grind...
Instead of 20 things three days per week, I'm going to switch things up for a bit and go with 10 things five days per week. Let's be honest, it's hard to call something the Daily Grind when you're not updating it daily. But Ventipoppers (as suggested by reader Trish in Seattle) must promise to visit me daily and click on a damn ad every now and again. As usual, i'll find informative and mostly positive stories to share with you. Think of Ventipop as your harbor in a choppy sea of news garbage. (I'm forever shipwrecked without want or need of a boat...at least until 2020).
Without further adieu, here's the 10 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Daily Grind posts are meant to be fun, serious, thoughtful, musical, informative and hopeful. I post positive, innovative discoveries and offer new music from lesser known musicians. Peruse and enjoy.
Food :: Music :: Creative :: Photography :: Odd News :: Poetry :: International News :: Art :: Books
1. Food & Beverage - Cokes plan to save soda sales? Coke + Coffee.
2. Music - If you had to pick the record that changed your life, what would you pick? That's the question put to popular artists on Q, the self-proclaimed World's Greatest Music Magazine.
3. Creative - Ad of the Day - AT&T's newest ad "selling something for everyone" is a bit out there:
4. Photography - I was mesmerized by the story and photos of actress Jean Seberg.
5. Books - Brilliant idea of the Day - "Ever wonder what the books whisper to each other when the store is closed?" Porter Square Books, Cambridge, Mass., asked in inviting readers to "support literacy for young readers and students? Want to stay up all night reading? Then join us for our Overnight Readathon on Saturday, October 6 into Sunday October 7."
All proceeds will go to support the Porter Square Books Foundation, which has a mission to foster "a love of reading and of books, particularly among children and families in our local communities whose access to them may be limited by economic or cultural factors"; and Miranda's Hearth, a nonprofit "dedicated to building community through creativity that is approachable, affordable, and accessible."
6. Music - New Song of the Day - "The Opener" by Camp Cope
7. Poetry - A poem is an odd thing and I believe you either like or dislike most poetry depending on the mindset you're in the moment you read it. I was in an unsettled mood when I stumbled upon 'An Orchard at the Bottom of the Hill' by Maurice Manning; but no more.
8. Odd News - The Ohio State Fair celebrates the 35th anniversary of A Christmas Story with...a butter display?
9. International Corner - If democratic socialism is so bad, why is Norway so great?
10. The Last Drop - Art - Martin Frost is the last working fore-edge painter in the world. Dating back centuries, the delicate art form places intricate scenes on the side of books, cheekily hidden beneath gold gilded pages. The beautiful paintings are only visible to the trained eye, but once you unlock the secret, you’ll find pure magic.
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.