This afternoon, I went for a walk with my daughter. 2 miles in 90 degree heat. About halfway through, she said, "I'm so hot."
The word "hot" when she says it has 49 syllables and is stretched out over a 3 minute period. I replied in kind by saying, "Yes, it is hot today. But exercise is good for you." My "hot" had an extra 3 or 4 syllables thrown in for good sarcastic measure. She is only seven, but she knows sarcasm when she hears it.
"I don't need to exercise," she says.
I reply, "But I do. And I need you to exercise so you'll be in good shape to take care of me when I get old."
"Oh Daddy," she answers, "I'll just pay someone to do that."
Here's today's grind...
- Spivey's Corner, North Carolina has howled its last holler. So sad.
- Harley Davidson's five year plan for an electric version of its iconic motorcycle is just one more sign of the apocalypse to many.
- Remember Napster? It's coming back. But it's NOT REALLY Napster.
- Have a hard time talking to strangers? Here are 3 scientifically proven steps to help you out.
- Why Celery?
- An Italian restaurant was named best in the world for the first time ever...and the French are not happy about it.
- But I don't wanna smell like a Star Wars Jedi! (said in Jerry Seinfeld's high pitched "But I don't wanna be a pirate!" voice)
- We're proud of our eclectic music tastes here at Ventipop. Want proof? Here are 4 new songs we like right now:
Please help get the word out about Ventipop:
Join our Mailing List