Daily Grind :: Mosquito Surgery, Light Bulb Assassins & Belgium Frittes
Good Monday to you. My heart goes out to the folks in Orlando. May Grace and Peace somehow find you today. Ventipop is devoted to sharing stories from all over the world that have a message of peace, positivity and hope. There are still intelligent, helpful, inclusive and dear people all over the world seeking ways to help people learn, smile, ease pain and be inclusive. Musicians, artists, scientists...lowly bloggers; we can all be a small part of the positivity in the world everyday. Now, one step forward to today's Daily Grind.
- Moments of reflection and contemplation are becoming extinct. We now use our phones more than we sit and think about things.
- How well do you know famous children's book covers? Take a quiz here. (I got 8 out of 10 which is really a lot better than I thought I would do)
- Speaking of children's books. Here are Good Reads 12 Great Children's Books quotes.
- Not for the squeamish. Watch a mosquito utilize all her tools to tear back your skin and do what mosquitos do. It's not a mosquito bite; it's mosquito surgery.
- Watch this amazing video of sculptor Jim McKenzie making a scarecrow. Makes me feel a little less talented with every viewing.
- There could be a breakthrough in the treatment if Multiple Sclerosis which involves replacing a patient's immune system. The results so far have been overwhelmingly positive.
- We all need something to help us smile today. How about 25 before/after pics of dogs pre and post rescue/adoption.
- In the Belgian city of Ghent, people protested by showering city hall in french fries.
- I would be more than a little giddy with a Terriers revival or movie.
- How to properly and ironically get rid of your old light bulbs.
- The first teaser trailer for Disney's Moana hit the web yesterday.
- Sadly, I may be in need of a pair of self-focusing eye glasses sooner rather than later.
- I guess this makes me feel the world's highest and longest glass bottom bridge in China is safe:
- And I leave you this afternoon with a song. This one goes out to those lost...and to the loved ones left behind:
Please help get the word out about Ventipop:
Join our Mailing List